cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Currently on Infinity 2, but moving address...

overHi there.

We are moving house within the next three weeks.

I am currently on the Infinity 2 package, but at the new address cannot recieve fibre.

I've tried contacting BT several times and they've all put me in a queue for over a hour only to hang up when I manage to get through.

The "moving house" option on my home page is useless, it just says ring the number i've got hung up on.

So what I do? Nobody on the online chat is useful, the service on the phone is dire and the option on here to move doesnt work.

I can't get a speed over 4mb at the new address, i'm currently getting a 80mb connection now.

What happens?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Currently on Infinity 2, but moving address...

If BT are unable to supply your Infinity at your new address you can cancel Infinity without charge and downgrade to a broadband package if you wish. If you wish to cancel the whole package including phone etc then I think you will be charged a cancellation fee. Unfortunately I think you will need to phone them to arrange all this.

0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

My infinity package is part of the line rental, so surely I shouldn't have to pay a cancelation charge.

It's BT's fault if the area doesn't have fibre, I shouldn't have to pay a anything surely.

Someone as hung up four times already, one picked up and said "Hi I'm Wendy" then put the phone down, the others hung up before speaking.

Shockingly poor service. Funnily enough I got through absolutely fine when ordering Infinity last year, wasn't a at problem. Money grabbing springs to mind.

Can't someone from BT ring me? I've been trying since 9am, messaged on twitter and received no reply, 99th in queue on the online chat only to get fobbed off saying ring 0800 100 400.

Does anyone actually have a clue?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

in your case you need to phone in as fibre is not available in your new area there will be no charge to downgrade to ADSL service
0 Ratings