cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Customer Service after problems with BT Infinity Speed

I have to put this down as to my experience with problems with the speed profile and getting poor connection speeds. Unfortunatly sometimes we all get swayed be negative feedback other have made and sometimes forget this is personal opinions not rather than the overall opinion and kind of follow the bandwagon - I think the positive comments never get portrayed and I feel in my experience I must let all know how good i've been treated with my problems.

To cut a long story short I've had BT infinity for just over a month and experienced speed problems pretty much in the first week which was resolved a week later by a profile reset, then it happened a second time just over a week ago dropping down to really slow connections which ultimatly ended up with the India call centre calling me and saying that an engineer will be needed.

8 am this morning I was greeted by a friendly BT OR Infinity engineer as promised by the call centre at 8pm last night!... This chap was really polite and explained what he was doing, what he found and how he was going to resolve it. Initially he did a line check and found that it was giving the full download/upload limit which I had been promised originally and deemed that the BT OpenReach modem was possibly at fault, this was replaced with a rev3 modem which as soon as it was plugged in worked first time and am now getting full speed which I am really happy with.

What I would liike to say it a massive thank you from Dean the moderator on here logging, the case, even down to the lady in India who was polite and quite knowledagble and mostly the engineer who attended today who was probably the best engineer I have met across all the digital service coming into the home..... I am now a very happy BT Customer! πŸ™‚

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Customer Service after problems with BT Infinity Speed

Hi paul.

Very glad it is sorted for you, and nice to see someone posting a happy ending.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
newdos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I am having the very same problem and have since day one although mine is just speed constanlty fluctuating between zero and 40mb all the time(even when hard wired to the hub),  even though it has been tested to the wall plate to deliver 40mb. 

So I did the usual 2 hours on the phone to India and then it was decided a new Hub was required which promptly cam and that seemed a bit better but didn't fix the problem.  Was promised a call back from India to check 8 days ago now and I am still waiting to hear!!! 

I would be interested to know how you know if you have a revision 3 modem as my enginner left a spare one and I haven't tried yet before I ring back to India to start over again ?

Is any one else having similar problems

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

" would be interested to know how you know if you have a revision 3 modem as my enginner left a spare one and I haven't tried yet before I ring back to India to start over again ?"

Have a look on the back/underneath the white Openreach Modem..... . (Pictured one shows 2V = old type)

Also my 3b version has a white power supply and lead.

I'd give your spare Modem a try..... Keep it mounted vertical for cooling reasons. 

If your Spare Modem does cure the problem but it isn't the new 3b version..... maybe you could try getting it updated via the Kelly Modem replacement program.- http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Infinity-Modem-Swap-amp-Kelly-Communications/td-p/332045

-------------------//-----------------

pauldavies1980

Btw great post Paul..... Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi Newdos,

After all the troubles I had it was all down to a DECT BT Wireless phone I had on the master line. Since I put a micro-filter on it, downpowered both HH3 and OR modem for 20 seconds I've had a really stable connection constantly and run about 38mb down 8.6mb up which is not far of the full speed of the product ( since after n/w overheads etc you 40mb/s equates to something like 38mb in reality).

If you're still in your training period don't reset your modem or HH if you can help it as I found out this can screw around with you connection profile.

I've found the systems which alters your speed pofile in BT's cabs are quite sensitive and can drop speed if you have a noisy line or other equipment affecting it like in my case was the dect wireless phone... Also another thing to check is it never affected the broadband just with the phone plugged in, it was when a call was made or received which killed my speed profile.

Good look on getting it resolved which I'm sure you will - if you want support rather than call India there's a great team of moderators on here who you can contact - they are really busy so may take a few days to get back to you but their support is A1. Dean dealt with all my queries and really helped out.

Good Luck!

0 Ratings
newdos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the advice guys - checked the modem and it is a 3B modem - they both are and either made no difference.  Unplugged all phones and did a speed check and got 4.8 Mb !!!  The BT speed tester lite is going from 0.00 to anything upto 143mb and back down again all the time - HELP!!!! 

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@newdos wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys - checked the modem and it is a 3B modem - they both are and either made no difference.  Unplugged all phones and did a speed check and got 4.8 Mb !!!  The BT speed tester lite is going from 0.00 to anything upto 143mb and back down again all the time - HELP!!!! 

So you've got the most recent version of Modem... good and it's not laying flat with the HH3 sitting on top I hope.

Best to have it mounted vertically say on a wall for best cooling..... The v3b modem is probably less effected by heat but just in case.

As Paul mentioned the BT Forum mods a re very helpful... what I would do is start your own thread and follow the info in THIS POST which also has the link to a contact form. If after posting the results they haven't improved use the form.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi Nudos,

It sounds like your IP profile may have got a bit screwed up, so a profile reset might be your next point of call, when you raise your tickets with mods link it back to this thread and explain what you have done so far  and what you are getting and they may decide a reset is in order - I believe the mods don't do it themselves but raise it with BT in india, once it's done you get daily phonecalls from them asking if it's been resolved.

One thing I have noticed with Infinity is that nothing happens quickly - what I mean is that even though you have checked your lines and equipment, don't expect to see immediate results as it takes a couple of days to stabilise.

Do a speed tests at http://speedtester.bt.com and post your results

Paul

0 Ratings