Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Customer service nightmare :(

Hi guys,

I'm having an absolute nightmare using the home move service.  I'll list what's going on to make it a bit clearer, i am having no luck with the call centre staff and online chat staff resolving this, infact they are making the issue far worse and i am fearful there imcompotance is going to not only waste my time, but cost me a lot of money.  I have spent numerous hours on hold and conversing with these guys, i'm getting so stressed out over this!  

• *I have recently moved from my old property in Biggar, to a new one in Leith
    • *I phoned up BT last month to organise this move of services, I was informed there was no cost to move as I was going to take up an offer of Fibre optic broadband in the new property and sign up for 18 months
    • *I was given a timeline on the order of engineer visits, activiations ect
    • *I waited in on the morning of the 7th of March for the engineer (I had to take a half day of work for this), after a few hours I enquired on Live Chat if he was definitely coming and they said no, he was actually coming tomorrow!
    • *I wait in on the 8th of March all afternoon, nobody shows up, I get in touch with live chat again to ask what's going on, they say nobody is coming as there is a problem with the line... nobody got in touch with me about this so it is another half day i have had to take off work, wasted!  I make the person on the phone aware I am complaining about the no shows for the two days and he says somebody will be in touch to discuss this.  Note I spent over two and a half hours on live chat on hold/or on the phone about this, getting passed about from dept to dept.
    • *I receive some emails on the 9th March from BT saying they are stopping my service, this looks like the phone line for my old property, I did not specifically order this cancellation and just assume one of the live chat guys put it through as part of the home move process.  That night somebody from complaints phones me and asks why I am complaining about the stopping of service at Biggar, I am totally confused as my complaint is regarding the failed engineer visits on the Monday and Tuesday, and relates to the new service in the new property.  I say to the guy I did not order this specific cancellation and inform him about my actual complaint, he says he'll get in touch. 
    • *Today I come into work, and I have emails from 6am saying I have ordered a new phone line service in my old property in Biggar (which I have not lived in for over two months)! I also get one saying I am cancelling my phone and internet service in Leith (which ironiclly i was still waiting for...)and getting charged £55!?  Neither of these orders I issued, this is the online chat guys getting the wrong end of the stick AGAIN and putting through orders without my confirmation!

I have no idea how the support is getting this so wrong.  I can't be any clearer on the phone or on the chat, it's so frustrating.  All that needs to happen is what was listed in the original home move order, i can't evern see this on my active order history now as it must of been marked as complete!  Please help Man Sad

Thanks
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Customer service nightmare :(

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

@ChrisReilly17 I would like to sincerely apologise about the problems with your home move order and the problems you have experienced when trying to get this sorted. 

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Thanks. I have submitted the form. Look forward to hearding from you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi, 

I've still not heard anything back about this form.  I also recieved a call on Friday regarding my comlpaint and the guy said a manager would phone me back within 48 hours, nothing for that too.

Please can you help me out as a matter of urgency, i've not had interenet in the flat since moving in nearly two weeks ago, and my monthly bill will be coming out in the next week or so and i don't want it to include all those errounous charges due to the customer service guys error mentioned above.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 12

Hi @ChrisReilly17,

I am sorry you haven't heard back regarding your complaint. I've check our email queue and can see we've received your details. We have been extremely busy over the last few days so please accept my apology for the delay in getting back to you. There are a few cases a head of you in the queue and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

OK Paddy, cheers for confirming.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Paddy please update me on the progress of this. I am due to start a learning course through work in the next week or two and it will be impossible without internet at home. I am really stressing out about all this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

There is a delay of about 5-7 working days before you will get a reply.

0 Ratings