Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

DESKTOP ICONS.

Go to solution

Hi all,

my problem is when i start my computer the desktop icons now load up differently,meaning they show a blank icon then will show there little picture after a few seconds where before they just came right on,without this delay!

anyone have any ideas?

sorry if my post is vague but cannot think of another way of putting it,relatively new to computers so please forgive me Smiley Happy

thank you very much.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: DESKTOP ICONS.

Go to solution

Sounds like your security software may be slowing down your desktop loading.

Did it start after installing new software ?

I know comodo defence+ causes this by loading a dll for every application.

It may depend on your software and its settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

thanks for replying.

actually did start after new software was installed.

sorry for my pc illeteracy but i have windows 7,specs??????,i know how to log in & browse sitesSmiley Happy

actually it was my IP who installed new software so should be contacting them about this situation?

really sorry for my vague response & cannot be more specific,really am new to pc,sSmiley Mad

will get there though!

thanks for your help. A.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Every bit of security software will slow windows down at start-up to some extent.

Most of the time it's just doing what it was designed to do,scanning files on start-up to protect the system.

Some take more time and use more system resources than others.

The spec of the PC and having a lot of processes running at start-up can magnify the slow down

I myself get the blank icons you talk about now and again,

but I know it's part of my Internet security causing it, so I don't worry about it.

You can always uninstall that software and try something different if your not happy with it.

There are plenty of good free Internet security software packages to be had.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

many thanks my friend, much appreciated you have put my mind at rest & i thank you.

like your bike, my last set of wheels was a Z1R back in "1992",got married,had kids then moved into 4 wheels,my wife did not take to my idea of a sidecar,lol.  miss it!!.....

0 Ratings