Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

DHCP Table

Go to solution

On the DHCP table in HOME HUB SETTINGS

I note the lease time has expired on my wireless printer / ipad / airport express all problematic connections...will this stop it connecting..the are currently switched on.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: DHCP Table

Go to solution

@Andyfresher wrote:

On the DHCP table in HOME HUB SETTINGS

I note the lease time has expired on my wireless printer / ipad / airport express all problematic connections...will this stop it connecting..the are currently switched on.

As I said in my wireless help page, there is a problem with the DHCP server. That is why I suggest using static addresses.

Static IP with Home Hub

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: DHCP Table

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

I have a bizzare situatuion with DHCP.

My HH5 is on the north side of a W2K8 server running TMG/ISA firewall. The internal network is 10.x.x.x , the second NIC on the server is on 192.x.x.x and connects to the HH5.

The HH5 runs DHCP for the wireless clients but I also have a RAS server listening on 192.x.x.x for VPN clients connected via WifFi to the HH.

All wireless devices bar one pick up a 192 address from the HH DHCP, one laptop however picks up a 10.x.x.x when connected to the HH SSID. This can only be coming from the RAS service on the windows server but I can't for the life of me think why the RAS DHCP gets in on the act before the HH DHCP.

This clearly is a security risk since it is now possible to pick up an internal address when connecting to the HH5.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

0 Ratings