cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

DLM - Does it ever increase your speed?

We have occasional power cuts, and it seems DLM is reducing my download speed.  The BRAS checker also shows speed reductions.

Does anybody have any experiance of DLM actually increasing linespeed?

I have tried to get my profile re-set (even asked the mods to help) but no joy!

Thanks.

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLM - Does it ever increase your speed?

It does... it can be very random when it does it tho but goes slow in bring the conection up sure is hell fast bring it down.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 4

Yes.  Typically takes a couple of weeks before DLM starts increasing the speed, and then it steps it up a little every couple of days.  It is worth disconnecting and reconnecting the router (NOT the modem) every morning while you are hoping for a DLM increase.

Reason: Your sync speed will improve automatically as DLM improves things; typically around 2:00 am.  However, if the modem resync forced by the DLM change is fast, the router connection to the exchange will not be broken, and the IP profile will not be updated to match the faster sync.  A disconnect/reconnect of the router will (almost always) ensure the profile is updated if the sync speed has changed.  Unless you have an unlocked modem, you cannot see what the sync speed actually is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@RichRolls wrote:

We have occasional power cuts, and it seems DLM is reducing my download speed.  The BRAS checker also shows speed reductions.

Does anybody have any experiance of DLM actually increasing linespeed?

I have tried to get my profile re-set (even asked the mods to help) but no joy!

Thanks.

Definitely.

I started off back in April with a profile of 72.50 to 72.86Mbps down but in the last couple of months it's been in the 74 to 75.73Mbps area (currently 74.86). Speedtest results are usually a couple of Mbps below the profiles.

DLM works well, here.

0 Ratings