cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

DLM and stable line speed after installation

I recently got Infinity installed.  At first I was getting about 55Mbps.  However, on the second day the speed dropped to under 5Mbps.  I called up and support had me plug and unplug the modem into the test socket and restart it many times.  It turned out it was nothing to do with my line and there was an issue in my area that was fixed later that day.

However, my speed now seems to be stuck on just under 45Mbps.  After reading about DLM I assume that the plugging and unplugging of the modem that support had me do has triggered DLM to reduce the line speed for stability.  It's now been about 13 days since then (modem constantly connected) but the line speed hasn't increased.

I read that the "stable line speed is determined in the first 10 days".  Willl DLM eventually put my speed back up to the 55Mbps it is capable of or will it be stuck at a low level now because these issues happened in the first 10 days when the stable speed was being determined?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: DLM and stable line speed after installation

this explains about DLM  http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/

just maintain connection 24/7 and DLM will bring speed back but may take a few weeks especially if you had many resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

What max attainable rate does your home hub currently report?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

The max down says 54036.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Once the banding is removed, you should get close to that speed. What was the range of speeds you were provided when ordering?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’