Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 46

DLNA - not working with HH3?

Go to solution

Hi,

I've recently had Infinity installed, what a difference!  Previously 1.5MBps ish with sky 'superfast' broadband, now 37MBps with infinity.

The only problem is my Netgear ReadyNAS Duo is no longer accessible with DLNA from android phone, PS3, Xbox360 or Sony BluRay player.  My computers can access the shared drives with no problems, the BluRay lists the NAS drive but cannot connect, the Xbox and PS3 cannot see the NAS.

I have searched the internet and the only solution I have found is to replace the HH3 with another router, is this really the only option?  What can I do to get my complete network working?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 46

Re: DLNA - not working with HH3?

Go to solution

trying giving them all a static ip if you can

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Go to solution

Sorry, should've said, I have given each item on the network its own static ip address, everything can access the internet but not DLNA.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 46

Go to solution

Hi, DNLA/UPnP one of the same.....check that the UPnP is enabled on the Hub.....then look to the Netgear...the reason your computers can see the shares is because it's using SMB. The PS3 and the Xbox rely on UPnP although the PS3 is DNLA enabled supposedly, (but then again what came first, the chicken or the egg) can't comment on the Android. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 46

Go to solution

Thanks, but UPnP is already enabled on both the hub and the nas drive.  It was all working great before the HH3/Infinity was installed, now internet is great but DLNA/UPnP wont work, all that has changed is HH£ installe into network and all ip addresses changed to static and DHCP turned off on HH3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 46

Go to solution

Hm, Ok, I'm not on infinity, but I do have a v3 Hub, to give you an idea, everything is hardwired except for the laptops which are wireless, the Nas boxes and the printer have static ip addresses assigned, everything thing else is dynamic through the Hub, and everything has a Dns name.

One way of testing UPnP is can the ps3 see one of the computers as a media server, you should see a windows logo and the name of the pc, if not, then try setting up one of the computers to broadcast windows media player over the network, can't remember the settings, but if the ps3 can 'see' that then UPnP is working. Sorry, suck egg question, I take it UPnP is enabled on the ps3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 46

Go to solution

Hi,

I've got a print server that has a static IP address, but everything else depends on the hub assigning the IP addresses - have not changed any other settings, except the lease time which I've extended to 21 Days.

Probably doesn't help you,but my setup can see and talk to the print server.

Michael.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 46

Go to solution

Thanks for the help everyone, but still no joy!

I have checked UPnP on the PS3, all ok, can access shares on 2 computers.

I'll try to describe my network in case it helps, Netgear ReadyNAS Duo & 1 pc wired into HH3, HH3 also connected by powerline 200mbps to 2 more computers & Netgear Powerline AV adapter which connects to PS3, Xbox360 & Sky HD+ box.  Wireless connections - Wii, Epson printer, Sony Bluray & various portable devices.

Everything can conect to internet.  Everything that can share files can see the UPnP shares from the computers but not the NAS drive (UPnP or DLNA).  The computers can access the mapped drives on the NAS.

DLNA was working perfect with the previous (Sky) modem/router.

My thoughts are :-

a.   Incompatibility

b.   Is there a port I should open on the HH3 to allow DLNA traffic through?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 46

Go to solution

@holmesm wrote:

Thanks for the help everyone, but still no joy!

I have checked UPnP on the PS3, all ok, can access shares on 2 computers.

Ah! That means that UPnP is working....so the PS3 can see the computers as Media Servers?

I'll try to describe my network in case it helps, Netgear ReadyNAS Duo & 1 pc wired into HH3, HH3 also connected by powerline 200mbps to 2 more computers & Netgear Powerline AV adapter which connects to PS3, Xbox360 & Sky HD+ box.  Wireless connections - Wii, Epson printer, Sony Bluray & various portable devices.

I take it that the 2 computers connected via the powerline can see the shares on the NAS? Is is possible to connect the PS3 or the Xbox to the Hub via Ethernet to see if it can see the NAS box.

Everything can conect to internet.  Everything that can share files can see the UPnP shares from the computers but not the NAS drive (UPnP or DLNA).  The computers can access the mapped drives on the NAS.

I know this Hub can be a PIA.....but usually there is a solution, its just trying to find it...

DLNA was working perfect with the previous (Sky) modem/router.

Cant these be reset to be used with another ISP?

My thoughts are :-

a.   Incompatibility

b.   Is there a port I should open on the HH3 to allow DLNA traffic through?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 46

Go to solution

Thanks geaves.

To answer your questions :-

1. Yes, PS3 sees computers as media servers.

2. The 2 computers connected by powerline can access the shared drives on the NAS, they are mapped onto the computers.

3. The PS3, Xbox360 and Sky HD+ were all wired to hub through powerline AV adapter, I have moved the PS3 next to the hub and they are now connected direct with ethernet, no change, can still see computers as media servers but still no NAS.

4. The old Sky 'hub' is a modem and router combined in one, Infinity has a modem and the HH3 as seperate parts.

I used to be with Virgin cable at a previous address so I still have a Belkin N wireless & wired router I'm considering swapping for the HH3, it is PPPoE compaitible but I've read that you need VDSL equipment for Infinity.

The HH3 is advertised as being the centre of your digital life, streaming video, audio etc all over your house so it should work out of the box, DLNA is becoming very popular.

Thanks.

0 Ratings