Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbcol
Contributor
Message 31 of 46

Re: DLNA - not working with HH3?

Go to solution

I've just set my new hh3 up and DLNA works fine between my Humax and win7 machine.  All settings are default.

So i'm not sure why its not working for others.

0 Ratings
aunitt
Beginner
Message 32 of 46

Go to solution

Have you got a type A or type B HH3?

I have just received a type A and Bonjour / multicast has just stopped working for me and I'm just a little peeved.

0 Ratings
simhy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 46

Go to solution

I have HH3 Rev A and have this problem. Humax HDT2 HDR DLNA server cannot be seen be Humax HDT2 set top box since installing HH3. Worked perfectly before with prev non-BT setup. Was able to get it to work briefly by disabling uPnP Extended Security, but the HH3 router has now decided it will not permit this at all.

IMO this is poor performance from BT - they should not be supplying routers that are not compatible with DLNA - after all, the purpose of the Infinity/HH3 product is to be able to stream HD content around the home.

BT need to pull their socks up and push out a firmware update pronto - if they hadn't locked down their products in such a user-unfriendly way this problem would almost certainly have been solved by an enterprising individual by now.

As BT have chosen to lock down their products so harshly they must accept responsibility to provide a rapid response when deficiencies in these products are discovered.

0 Ratings
simhy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 46

Go to solution

BTW, why is this topic marked as 'SOLVED' ?

The HH3 is not compatible with DLNA, therefore the issue is not solved.

I've 'solved' this problem by purchasing another router and replacing the HH3. Now DLNA works prefectly again, as it did with the router I used before the HH3. Others have 'solved' this issue by buying and using switches in front of the HH3.

If you have to buy new hardware and install it in addtion to/instead of the HH3 that does not mean the HH3 works; it doesn't. Hence this issue is not solved.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 35 of 46

Go to solution
the original poster gets to solve the thread
thats why you should start your own thread not piggy back on someone elses
0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 36 of 46

Go to solution
DLNA works fine in HH 3b.
It doesn't matter if UPNP in enabled or not for me as all my DLNA Servers, the built-in windows one, plex and ushare all still work.
0 Ratings
simhy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 46

Go to solution

"DLNA works fine in HH 3b.
It doesn't matter if UPNP in enabled or not for me as all my DLNA Servers, the built-in windows one, plex and ushare all still work."

Strange - definitely not working here, as I say switching the HH3 out and back in reproduces the problem every time for me...

0 Ratings
Metallifux
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 46

Go to solution

I'd like to resurrect this thread as DLNA is definitely not working for me since having infinity installed.  I had serviio server up and running fine before infinity installation and now it is either not discoverable or when it is connection lasts 10 mins or so befor disconnection.  Now I have changed router away from the HH3 so it isn't that which leaves the openreach modem.  Could the modem be broadcasting on DLNA ports causing this problem?  I know port 8081 is used by the modem as I was already using that and had to change.  As DLNA and UPNP use the same ports could the modem be the issue?

0 Ratings
user550
Beginner
Message 39 of 46

Go to solution

DLNA partialy works on my HH3 Type A. It works with the imediashare app on android. But the standard windows DLNA media sharing does not work. Also I cannot use the Sony Bravia Remote control app to control my TV. However I do like the USB Flash drive share functionality, this kinda makes up for the loss of DLNA. Hopefully BT will roll out a software update to fix this issue.

0 Ratings
Mrlewisuk
Beginner
Message 40 of 46

Go to solution
Ive had issue with hh3 type A and not working with FaceTime i can receive but not make calls they get blocked ive talked to Apple tech who pointed to router. But the BT techs are adamant that there is no issue with hh3 and upnp blocking signals. Even though ive tested on another bt router and facetime worked fine
0 Ratings