Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

DMZ/Port Forward not working

Hi.

I'm on BT Infinity with the latest firmware (V100R001C01B031SP12), and recently my router has decided to just not forward any ports that I want it to.

When I first got it, it worked perfectly, I could host games and people could join them fine without any changes needing to be made. Right now I have all the ports required to host a game of Borderlands as well as my computer added to DMZ yet nobody can connect to me and any port checker I try tells me that the ports are closed.

I have been fiddling with settings for hours and restarted multiple times to no avail, it seems that the router has just suddenly decided it doesn't want any ports to work.

Has anyone else had this or know how to fix it? I'm about to just try a factory reset because I'm getting sick of trying to sort it out.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: DMZ/Port Forward not working

Unfortunatly port forwarding on the homehubs is buggy, it will probably never work properly. I'd advise getting your own router, like I recently did, and you'll have no more problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I just find it weird that it stopped working totally all of a sudden when it has been fine for so long, I guess it must have been an update that broke it.

I tried a factory reset and it didn't fix it. When I get friends to ping me through Hamachi they just get request timed out while I can ping them fine, and nobody can see/connect to my games despite hours of fiddling and testing with the ports.

*EDIT*

After some digging I realised that the HH wont respond when it is pinged from an external source, so the port checkers will show closed either way.

Must just be Borderlands not working properly then as usual, very frustrating considering all the ports are open and I'm DMZ'd and people still cant connect to me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

It's true the HH's don't respond to ICMP requests but that's got nothing to do with the port checkers. They should show open if the port is actually open. I have had them show open when I could get port forwardign to work on the Hub, I didn't need to enable DMZ either.

0 Ratings