cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myke99
Message 1 of 4

DNS Issues?

Guys I think I need some advice please.

I had Infinity fitted a few weeks back and since then I've had nothing but troubles. When the connection works, its amazing but I think I'm getting DNS issues. I can click a web site and get no reply, I'll click retry and still no reply and then on the third or fourth attempt, the web page will come back.

So I set up a ping to bbc and it will come back with unable to resolve address. I'll try a few more times and eventually I will get a ping reply. Whilst still getting valid replies I will try another ping to bbc.co.uk(the same address) and this new ping will be unable to resolve the address (despite, like I said, getting valid replies in the first window).

This is happening ALL the time now, I have rebooted my router 4 or 5 times tonight to try to resolve the problems but they are still here. Its very frustrating loading a web page and getting huge areas of 'Unable to display web page' because those areas of the screen are being pulled from a different web address (one my connection is refusing to resolve).

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: DNS Issues?

try changing your pc's DNS to google or open dns and see if that resolves the problem
0 Ratings
myke99
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the idea to test where the problem is.

Quick question - my local PC DNS server is the HH3 (192.168.1.1).

The HH3 has as its DNS server - 213.120.234.50 Primary and 213.120.234.38 Secondary.

Are these correct? I cant find any information on them?

Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
Markiejd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

dont worry about those for the mo if you make your pc dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see what you get

Thanks,

0 Ratings