cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveP1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

DNS issue accessing HSBC Business Banking after their recent problems

Since the recent well publicised problems HSBC had with online access I get the following message when trying to access HSBC Business banking:

"You are seeing this page because you are using a BT service which requires the use of BT DNS Servers and it appears that you are attempting to connect using a DNS server outside of our network.

Our BT Protect and BT Parental Controls services both require the use of our BT DNS to keep you safe online.

You may have selected a different server in your network settings or installed an application that uses an alternative service.

Click here to find out how to fix this
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: DNS issue accessing HSBC Business Banking after their recent problems

Its not a BT issue, it is caused by the installation of Trusteer Rapport software on your computer.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47653/~/i-cant-access-a-number-of-websites-that-ive-p...

If you use a different device, like a mobile or tablet, you should not see this message.

0 Ratings
DaveP1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for pointing me to the information, unfortunately after following the instructions it made no difference I was still unable to access HSBC Business banking. When I got to step three 'Websites you manually added' the list was empty. Unsure what that means.

Finally in desperation I removed Rapport completely and it made no difference when I used the Chrome browser, but when I changed to Explorer I was able to access HSBC Business banking, albeit there were many warning about not having Rapport installed. I am assuming that this means it is a Rapport issue. 

I plan to report this to HSBC and Rapport and see if this gets me on the path to a resolution.

Many thanks for the advice. I'll report back when I'm fully working again just in case there are other sufferers out there.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

BT Protect provides the same protection as Trusteer Rapport, in that it prevents your DNS requests being intercepted and leading you to a fake website.

If you use your computer on other non-BT networks, the protection like Trusteer Rapport will protect your bank websites.

0 Ratings