cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

DNS problems

I have just switched to BT Infinity and have nothing but problems. 

The main problems are:

1. The hub keeps dropping out.

2. When I do manage to get online I constantly get the message DNS address could not be found.

3. The wireless keeps disconnecting and I have to manually connect each device instead of the devices doing it automatically (hope that makes sense)

I have disabled Smart Setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm really regretting leaving Sky B/Band as I never had one problem in 14 years with them.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: DNS problems

Hi @johnjordan and welcome to the forum.

You've mentioned the hub drops out. Do the lights change when this happens? Are you losing wireless connection or does it also happen when connected via cable? If it's wireless issues have you tried changing the channel? Can you give us as much detail as possible and we'll do our best to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: DNS problems

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Since my original post BT have sent out an engineer this morning who has conducted a series of tests and also changed the Hub. I am still having the DNS problem but not as much as before. I should add that I never had this problem when I was with Sky so suspect it is not a problem with my laptop.

I have not connected with an ethernet cable as the laptop is still connected to the hub by wireless, it just doesn't seem to go past the hub. The light changes from blue to a steady orrange when it drops out but again this is not happening so often.

I have flushed the DNS on my laptop which didn't really make any difference. The one thing that has changed although not sure if it is relevant is that the WPS now works on this new hub.

0 Ratings