cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 181 of 207

Re: DNS

Course BT are not bothered, why should they be?, they have our money each month. Now, if the shoe was on the other foot, as in, our payments being irregular as this service, you would find them not so 'silent' on the matter. Funny that, eh? 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 182 of 207

Whether this is DNS related, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm yet another Playstation user having connection issues, from Wakefield, West Yorkshire

At approximately 5pm yesterday (09/12/14) I started getting kicked from online multiplayer on my
Playstation 4 every 10-20 minutes and have been unable to play online content or join party chat with my friends since.
Testing connection on the Playstation results in either failing to connect to PSN, or showing NAT Type: Failed (have always had NAT type 2 and mostly stable connection for months), with massive fluctuations in connection speed (from 30mbps - 9mbps download speed). Not to mention the dozens of server timeouts inbetween. Have since been on my HH5 and set static IP, port forwarding etc etc but to no avail.

However, my other devices appear to be working, although some pages are failing to load occasionally, and speedtest is showing huge disparities between download speeds on my laptop (anything from 25mbps to 75mbps)

Before 5pm on Tuesday my connection to PSN was great, so what changed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 183 of 207

Has anybody else noticed this issue also interrupting your downloading

as well especially when using a download manager?

I have been experiencing this issue for two days now with websites not

loading one minute then loading the next and I have noticed when

downloading, I am getting frequent connection timed out and connection

lost to the server errors with my downloads.

It is definitely this exact same issue as reported in this thread because

using a VPN fixes the issue with downloading as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 184 of 207

Have had issues for the past week with slowness of connection and some websites slow at connecting but a refresh seems to kick it back into action and it then loads, this happens on both iphones and laptop.

Initially changiing the DNS to googles 8.8.8.8 seemed to resolve things but for past couple of days things are now terrible again.

Am in the Pontefract area, dont think this makes any difference as appears to be a problem across the country.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 185 of 207

Im getting the same errors on PS4

and also getting webpages slow and not loading sometimes

pings sometimes dont return results from bbc.co.uk

SORT IT OUT BT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 186 of 207

Now day 11 still rubbish. Even BT homepage is not displaying correctly.

Did a screen capture also shows date and time.

bt home page.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 187 of 207

Having lots of problems myself too.

Infinity 2 in Sheffield (South Yorks). Thought initially it was a router (Home Hub 3) issue but tried everything under the sun and no change.

Issues manifest in the following ways...

- Unresponsive browser, pages taking forever to load then just timing out or loading without styles and scripts.

- XBOX One disconnections - this was AWFUL yesterday whilst trying to play Destiny, booted every 10-15 minutes - sometimes could reconnect instantly, other times was disconnected from Live too and took forever to sign back in.

As others have said though, I don't believe this is a DNS issue though - should these two threads not be merged?

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-issues-for-the-last-few-days/td...

Really poor service for what we're paying for. Going to have a live chat with support now - can't wait!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 188 of 207

Hey everyone,

I've just put up a post on this thread.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 189 of 207

This thread seemed to die.... with no feedback from BT.

I seemed to have missed the issues at the end of 2014 , but now, two nights in a row DNS dies for a few minutes... comes back... dies again.... but the connection itself is stable , as downloading form x.x.x.x (ie with NO DNS involved) works as normal!

Sigh!  I really had expected BT to be better than this when I left TalkTalk - but next time I'll use the WHICH? feedback on the better ISPs to deal with!

Jc

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 190 of 207

Have been having issues with this for over a fortnight now. BT resolutely refusing to admit it's a problem with their infrastructure. Have tried several machines (which work fine on other connections) and been sent a second router, but to no avail. The majority of websites don't load at all, or if they do, load with corruptions or no scipts.

0 Ratings