cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 201 of 207

Re: DNS

Your issue isn't with DNS. No problem accessing apps or Tesco for that matter.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 202 of 207

It is with BTs DNS. I know as I have change one of our Ipads dns and it works fine, no sites blocked, all packets getting through. When I use BTs they get blocked. I have the reports to prove it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 203 of 207

Sounds to me like it's an Apple issue. My PCs and Android devices (including tablets) work fine on the standard BT DNS settings. That includes getting apps and looking at Tesco websites (not sure why I'd want to do this mind you!).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 204 of 207

@ChrisB wrote:
Sounds to me like it's an Apple issue. My PCs and Android devices (including tablets) work fine on the standard BT DNS settings.

But which ones? BT have many DNS servers and I suspect the problem lies with only one of them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 205 of 207

My router's set to 31.55.185.42 (primary) and 31.55.186.26 (secondary).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 206 of 207

The problem is the way in which the DNS resolves some https which is why people are having problems with ipads downloading apps, newspaper updates etc.

Change the dns on the ipad to google and everything is fine. If you log on to a VPN and access sites though those then everything is fine. oday i tried to update apps using BT - my iphone would not complete the download. Switch off wifi and do the same on 3g/4g and there is not problem.

It is not a local issue or an apple issue, it's a BT DNS server issue and Ii wish they would just cough up to this so we can know what is going on. Saying that there is no problem when a significant number of people have the problem is not an answer IMHO. 

Ironically all the standard web-based https stuff (BBC Facebook etc ) now works for me using the default DNS. As has been mentioned elswhere on here BT keeps refreshing the DNS server settings on hubs.

My hub updates at least once a day.

It has just done so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 207 of 207

I have changed the DNS on both IPads to Google's so they work fine now. Can't change it on the android tablet's so we still have issues with certain sites. Haven't bothered sorting the PC as I have now cancelled with BT without penalty. I only resigned the contract in June. The tech people wanted to do more tests but I was at work till today. The guy I spoke to in the account reviews section was very nice and told me the tests would need to be done before they release me from the contract. Luckily for me I was still with in the 30 calendar days notice period from being informed of the price rise's so was able to cancel using that. He didn't argue or try in anyway to change my mind be giving me a deal. I think he had had a lot of people cancel. I can't stand being lied to when you are trying to sort a problem with a company of this size. They really need to have people on the other end of the phone or live chat that have some knowledge and not just someone who is going through a step by step script.
0 Ratings