Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L1NHH
Contributor
Message 91 of 207

Re: DNS

Still not fixed for me in Hereford.

For a split second when opening Google Homepage I get page cannot be displayed then it opens.

Primary DNS    31.55.185.26

Secondary DNS    31.55.187.18

bt01.jpg

0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 92 of 207

still not right Capturef-vert.jpg

0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 93 of 207

then i changed to googles dnsCaptures.JPG

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 94 of 207

Hi Everyone,

I've just had a further update to say that they are aware of an issue, I'll post back as soon as I hear anything further.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 207

Spoke to an advisor last night on the phone and mentioned a lot of people on here are having problems. He checked my router and said the connection was ok, it was at that point but I explained it happens every so often then comes back on. He refreshed my router and said the connection was stable. He then said if I have further problems did I know I can change to Google DNS, I said yes not that I know a lot about it but I said I'll search for it. I will see what happens later because it's mainly in the evening when mine goes off and if it does I'll change to Google.
0 Ratings
dthree
Aspiring Contributor
Message 96 of 207

I don't think the BT HH will let you point to other DNS servers.

I've had issues over last 3-4 days, intermittent in the day and then getting progressively worse late evening. The issue is certainly not the HH or connection but BT's routing.
0 Ratings
shentonio
Contributor
Message 97 of 207

I tried again last night and had no joy, so there clearly is an issue that still needs to be resolved (I'm based in North Wales for anyone who is interested).

I would like to change the DNS to google but like others have said I think the Homehub restricts you from doing this (I am using HH3).

Really hope it gets sorted soon, got a lot of jobs I need to do online and I'm eating into my 3G allowance for the month!

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 98 of 207

Even if you change you client DNS entries, BT are intercepting these requests (Google or OpenDNS).

A VPN is one solution.

This is worth a read although I'm not sure how much is still relevant - http://linuxforums.org.uk/index.php?topic=11464.0

0 Ratings
Hants
Beginner
Message 99 of 207

Same problem here (Southampton).

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 100 of 207

Same as what?