cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 207

Re: DNS

Changing DNS flushes the DNS cache, which itself is a well-known fix for DNS problems.

You can explicitly flush the DNS cache by issuing the following command at a command prompt
IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 207

That would explain a fix for a computer specific problem resolving DNS but it doesn't explain the message you posted that they would be wasting their time changing DNS when it was obviously not just a DNS issue on a specific computer. BT posted that there was a fault with their DNS and when posters changed their DNS to Google or OpenDNS it was resolved.

EDIT. The poster of message 4 in this thread flushed his DNS cache when the problem started and it made no difference.

0 Ratings
Lime21
Contributor
Message 33 of 207

I'm having this problem also with Infinity2 75mb, Obviously part of the goverment snoopers charter, rip free speech.

0 Ratings
sonatine
Regular
Message 34 of 207

Getting the same problems here too.  Started yesterday but seemed to sort itself out by the evening, but has flared up again this morning.

0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 207

The issue has appeared to have been resolved.

0 Ratings
L1NHH
Contributor
Message 36 of 207

Google seems sluggish here again in Hereford this evening. Some web pages not displaying all content.

Primary DNS    31.55.185.26

Secondary DNS    31.55.187.18

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 37 of 207

Im also having some minor problems with one or two web pages this evening so the issue has not been fully resolved. I had minor problems yesterday also. I even had a minor problem with the BT TV service yesterday afternoon thats now seems to have been fixed.

Im also on Infinity 2.

Darren

0 Ratings
frustratedgirl
Contributor
Message 38 of 207

Been having problems also since yesterday. Some websites fine. Others including paypal and Google just won't work. Very annoying. Resetting router does not rectify.
0 Ratings
mushka
Contributor
Message 39 of 207

having same problem here since yesterday,, all im getting is this webpage is not available.. im in south-yorkshire

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 207

Same here too, last night poor connection on my PS4, tonight trying to open Google on my iPad reports cannot contact server.
0 Ratings