cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 61 of 207

Re: DNS

Is anyone from BT reading this thread for it would seem not. I know some of the mods on here can be very helpfull at times but its like knowone is bothered about a problem that the BT status page said early has been fixed and has now been removed from the page.

I am getting some web pages to load up fine.

Darren

0 Ratings
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 207

You know I only had bt infinity installed 2 weeks ago and I never had this problem with Sky or any problem with Sky I hope I'm not going to regret switching. I know there's always problems but I expect bt people to communicate after all I'm paying for a service I am not getting right now.
0 Ratings
shentonio
Contributor
Message 63 of 207

Hi guys

My internet has been down today and I'm viewing this on my phone, so I haven't read all of the pages on this thread due to poor 3G. I think I may be having the same issues as you guys: my home hub is lit up blue on all fronts and I have restarted my router but I can't access any websites. When I check my connection status it says 'connected', so I think it might be the same issue as you are all facing. Glad it's not something I've done as it's driving me mental!
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 64 of 207

definitely, still issues with the DNS - my Sky Box and Xbox kept failing saying not connected to internet. Changed DNS on devices to Googles and working fine.

Ran the benchmark test on a pc and this reports the following

Usage Order Nameserver IP Speed Rank

----------- --------------- ----------

1 192.168. 1.254 Offline

2 8. 8. 8. 8 4

3 8. 8. 4. 4 2

4 208. 67.222.222 1

5 208. 67.220.220 3

Which is showing that the BT DNS is not working as should

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 65 of 207

Im able to view some web pages but others seem to not load or only half load up.

I did have problems with my Samsung smart TV on wi-fi this afternoon while trying to watch music videos come to think about it.

Will see if the problem has been fix in the morning.

Darren

0 Ratings
Embraer
Contributor
Message 66 of 207

I'm getting this message, amongst others relating to Parental Controls, even though I've turned them off completely. Is this something related to the DNS issues people are describing?? I can't even connect to my VPN to try and circumvent this problem

You're seeing this page because BT Parental Controls is active and you are attempting to connect to a DNS server outside of our network. You may have selected a different server in your network settings or installed an application that uses an alternative service.

0 Ratings
100alex100
Beginner
Message 67 of 207

This is very irritating . I have had issues for the past 3 days . Some websites work other's don't load at all or take ages.

I also can not connect to any gaming servers. On my internet reliability test's it gives DNS as a reason for it. 

I've tried changing to the google dns but it doesn't improve things in the slightest. I've tried every fix immaginable but to be honest there is nothing wrong on my end it's BT . 

This needs fixing ASAP

0 Ratings
frustratedgirl
Contributor
Message 68 of 207

Still having problems here in East yorkshire. If this continues I shall be changing providers as I've had nothing but problems with bt since being with them. When you need help they aren't bothered. They tried to get me to renew my contract in the summer and get into another 18 months with them. So glad I didnt.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 69 of 207

So far all seems ok again at my end. Will see if it stays that way.

Darren

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 70 of 207

It would help if posters would indicate the DNS servers their Hub is using so that the rogue ones could be identified.

Mine is currently using 31.55.186.18 with no obvious problems.

Note that BT can change what DNS servers your HUB  4 A uses remotely.

I would expect this is also true for the 5 A and 5 B also.

It is also worth checking that your problems have not been caused or cured by BT changing what DNS servers the HUB is using.

0 Ratings