cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 81 of 207

Re: DNS

Thanks Neilo hope this will get relooked in to. Will look for you posting an update.

Darren

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 82 of 207

Why does anyone have to change there DNS because a multi-million pound company cant get there act together ?

Believe me i wouldn't want to answer that. All i can say is it's all a farse.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 83 of 207

I agree its all a farse. BT can't even admit that the minor problam they had ment to have fixed the other night has not been fully fixed. Im wanting to order more Christmas gifts but im warry that part of the sites like Amazon, QVC and Lakeland will ended up not displaying just as I try to put my order though.

Came on BT get this sorted.

Darren

0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 207

I thought it was fixed but there's still a few glitches here and there. The problem has not been resolved.

0 Ratings
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 207

Well everything was ok for me today until now, it is doing what It did yesterday. Why can't BT say there is a problem? I tried to speak to an advisor last night online but they made me wait and wait for 25 minutes so I gave up. This is not on, I'm paying for the top BT infinity I should not have to put up with this **bleep**.
0 Ratings
nadfink
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 207

So after spending 30 minutes trying and failing to speak to a BT adviser about this, I thought I'd add another voice to this thread. The problem started last night and has continued to be equally frustrating this evening. Can we please have a meaningful update BT please? This is really poor service yet again.
0 Ratings
degens6000
Contributor
Message 87 of 207

Do yourself a favour and find a reliable DNS source that is not BT. Biggest load of obtrusive unreliable toss I have ever signed up for.

I am now using a non-logged 3rd party server abroad !! and it is 20x faster than what BT considers adequate.

The fact that you cannot set custom DNS servers in the router for all home devices, is just plainly an attempt to get all of your browsing and traffic routed through them.

VPN

Custom DNS

and next on the cards a new router. Totally fed up with BT accessing my network, in 12 months I do not think my connection has stayed up longer than 3 days with the HH5.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 88 of 207

Funny how knowone seems to have got back to all of us to let all know if the fault has been fully fixed. It seems ok the now my end will see later when I get back from work.

Darren

0 Ratings
dthree
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 207

Between 23:00 and 01:00 last night I could barely reach any webpages.

Things seem to be working right now, but my concern is that BT have not yet mentioned any issues in my area.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 90 of 207

Hi Everyone,

Clearly you have been experiencing problems with your service and I am sorry about any inconvenience caused. The network team got back to me advising that they didn't have any issues yesterday evening with DNS.  I can see a few posts this morning saying it seems to be sorted but if you are still having DNS problems please can you let us know by posting here and I will continue to report this back.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings