Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 97

Re: DON'T JOIN BT!

Hi caroline2011

If you care to post the problem you are having with your BT service I am sure someone here may be able to offer you some help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 97

There`s just no pleasing some people.

I`m happy with BT and have been for a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very long time. Along with many, many, many, many, many, many, many, mnay, many, many, many other BT customers.

Option3 Total broadband.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 97

Yeah I am very happy with BT, I have no problems with connection speeds etc. The only problem I do have is with the Home Hubs which is notoriously bad.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 97

I`m using the old BT-Hub and not had any problems with it. Smiley Very Happy

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 97

I use one of those old ones with version 6.2.2.6 firmware, telnet and all!
Everything works fine, and I can also change the DNS servers to OpenDns, which provides web content filtering.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 97

Have just joined the BT family ? and am still awaiting activation for my broadband after the phone was connected and told by the engineer you have no broadband connection phone bt broadband and then he left? after 3 calls to bt broadband am still awaiting activation ? I took out bt package for phone , broadband , and vision . They seem to suggest by all the fancy dance tv adverts that this system is virtually wireless with all the lovely dancing wireless graphics flying about , but from what I was left with there seems to be nothing else other than wires ? loads of them? and you have to be careful of where you position both The Hub and The BT Vision Box if you are to avoid the room being filled with wires? If this is what to expect from a new customer point of view I hope it gets better soon . STILL WAITING FOR SERVICE.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 97

The wireless part of the advertising refers to wireless connections within your home eg laptops pc's mobile phones games systems etc the broad band connection is still supplied over your bt phone line just the same as any other broad band provider does you can connect your hub and vision box wirelessly using the home plugs provided with your vision kit there is a good possible reason for your broadband not to have been activated and that is broadband cannot be activated until your phone line goes live
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 97

This thread seems pointless to me.

I havent had a problem with my BT service since joining. The only gripe I have is the homehubs "smart" wireless,

it upsets my printer so that I have to turn it off and back on again

that something outside my house faffs up my sync speed only giving me 12mbps instead of 15 or 16mbps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 97

the dont join bt heading caught my eye after spending an hour and a half on the phone to them tonight with still no joy!! i agree - must keep open mind but we are now in fantasy land (who are the 'mods' and how do i contact them by the way - they may save my sanity!!!)

in brief - customer of over 20 years with 3 phone lines in same house. no probs for years. then - one line cut off. enquired and i had forgotton one bill (been ill in hospital - no excuse but fist time this happened). No worries i was told last week - pay amount outstanding - back on in 2 hours! - that was ten days ago and millions of calls ago. Basic issue is communication probs with customer service AND -each time i ring its treated as NEW prob despite my protestations. my line is used ofr some of my business so important and on stationary.

but hey - all dandy now!!!! after an hour put through to uk based customer service - fantastic!! admitted that they themsleves constrained by the company - i am now  a NEW customer - its THE ONLY WAY APPARENTLY!!! 9despite my othe r2 working lines!). SO - credit check needed, engineer open reach to instal my line (which i know just needs a switch flicking!!), got to wait 2 weeks for him to visit etc etc etc - WE ARE IN CRAZY LAND!!! I am so distressed i cant fight - i am now welcomed as a new customer and will get my welcome pack shorlty - can hardly wait - oh..........AND ......i must have a new number ........CANT have the 15 year standing one even though it is 'avaialable'...........BUT.........not to worry .........WHEN I HAVE MY NEW NUMBER..........i can dial 150 from it and request my OLD NUMBER!!!!!!!!! meantime - office area without number and clients who dont know this saga so business issues wobbly!!!!!!!! I LOVE CUSTOMER LOYALTY AND COMMON SENSE.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 97

Gotta love that though, because BT and openreach are separate entities working on the same network they can blame each other and charge the customer for their inability to give them one of the answers that is on their response sheet over the phone.

Example: My gran had broadband installed so she could skype my cousins in OZ, had problems and called support. Long and short of it was she was unable to help BT diagnose the issue so they sent an engineer from open reach who found no problem and promptly charged her £130 for the privilege. The woman was born when there were horse and carts ferchrisakes!!!!! Do I really need to point out how wrong this is?

0 Ratings