cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 41 of 97

Re: DON'T JOIN BT!

After many happy years with BT I've had the new V2 hub for a few months and recently my connection started dropping out. The Hub lights went out & then blinked orange and finally the connection came back on. This happens 3-4 times a day over the last few weeks. After contacting Bt i was sent around the world to speak to an intelligable woman in outer mongolia, frankly i had to keep apologising to her as i could not understand a word she said. After the usual, check this, change that nonsense. She recommended that i go out and purchase a new ADSL filter (I already have 2 that i tried), but when asked what test she performed to come to that conclusion she just repeated the same request. I refused to go and purchase one as i asked for a guarantee that if this was not the problem that Bt would refund the price of the filter, she refused the guarantee.

After much debating she agreed to get an engineer to call me as I demanded to speak to the Uk customer service to try get someone to explain the loss of service. I've checked the BB status page and it dosent report a problem in my area, also the speedtester reports are not reporting any problems.

Just to be clear, ive worked in IT/Networking for a long time and no with clarity that there is no problem at my end.

Lets see if an engineer does call and what nonsense he comes out with 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 42 of 97

When I lost internet access, they tried to blame my router and we reached a stalemate. It was only after I checked the router at a friend's address and it worked fine that I could convince them to look further, but this was after 8 days without internet. Within two days later it was working again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 97

Hi,

I waas told a script muppett today to consider myself lucky to get up to 6mb on ASDL2+  line on a21CN enabled exchange,capable of twice that "because other customers only manage to ger 0.5mb" see the thread below. If you are thinking of leaving a reliable stable connection for BT, think very hard as customer service does not appear to be strong point here. Fobbing of and lying seem to be the order of the day.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Speed-not-as-promised-and-BT-BB-Helpdesk-Lie-t... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 44 of 97

I had an engineer appointment for today to install and activate my new line & broadband - however I found out completely by accident (just by checking 'order tracker') late last night that my appointment had been re-arranged without any discussion or notification to next Wednesday (Aug 10). I asked the customer service advisor if I could book another Saturday slot, only to be told if I did it was likely to be cancelled again! Why are prospective customers given an appointment option which will not be honoured? Cutting a long and frustrating story short I've already raised a complaint log before I've even been connected. I will certainly not be recommending BT to anyone Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 45 of 97

I have an on going problem with the service you are providing. I phoned at the beginning of July to try and reduce my payments and was told that the only thing you could do was remove my sky sports. when I told you that I had rung on the 31st of May to cancel sky sports I was told "oh! yes" but it hadn't been cancelled so I was told that you would credit the two payments I had made since then, but I still haven't seen a credit! I then rang on the 15th of July to say I couldn't view ESPN and after two hours on the phone with one of your technicians he finally conceded that he would have to send an engineer to my house. Six days later the engineer came and said that my box and viewing card were fine and it was a problem with my subscription. I contacted BT and was told that my package included ESPN and I would be sent an new viewing card. This was the 21st of july I eventually, after 7 phone calls (each averaging 60 minutes in length) received my card on the 2nd of August and after a 2 hour phone call you were unable to activate my card. It is now the 7th of August and 23 days since my original call and I still can't view ESPN. So in total I have paid for 2 months sky sports and nearly 1 month of espn that I havn't been able to view, that is a quarter bill. I am now totally fed up of your telephone operators patronising me by saying that they "understand my problem" when obviously they don't care less otherwise this problem would not have got this far.
Could you please tell me the next step and will I be refunded for the channels I've been unable to view? I should be able to cancel my contract without any charges beacuse I have kept my part of the bargain by paying my direct debit each month but you aren't providing me with a sevice for my payments and not upholding your part of the contract. I would like someone to contact me from BT to discuss this complaint. thank you.

These are problems I have recently had with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 97

this is a customer help customer forum and the only BT employess are the forum mods.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 47 of 97

Hi Steve, it sounds like you are having a bad time.

the mods (BT employees) are the only people who can help sort this out for you.

If you fill in this form: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 with a link back to your post for ref, the mods will get back to you. it can take up to 3 days.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 97

The £150 charge is from OpenReach who charge the supplier if there is a fault in *your* property that *you* could have conceivably fixed.

The charge is not from BT Retail, or any other CP.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 49 of 97

thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 97

This is getting silly now. Complaints should be directed towards BT. This is for people to help out other people with PC problems the Mods can only do so much.

If you are getting nowhere, get in touch with the C.E.O.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings