cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 97

Re: DON'T JOIN BT!

Thats nothing, I had BT Vision installed last week .  They came again this week to do the same job

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 62 of 97

I am so glad I left BT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was helpful, please give me a star by clicking the star on the left hand side.

Thank you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 97

Robo878
Just for information Plusnet is a BT owned Company so you are still really a BT Customer just a different name
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 64 of 97

Yes, PlusNet is BT owned but is operated independently and now has 100% UK based support.
On the other hand, robo878, PlusNet Unlimited is an obsolete product (not available to new customers for quite some time) and you may be paying more than you need to (depending on your bandwidth requirements) PlusNet 'Extra' with 60Gb allowance is usually a fair saving and a very good prouct. Also worth pointing out, if you look through the PlusNet forums (or those from pretty much any ISP) you'll find posts similar to this where someone has a problem that's difficult to resolve and they blame the ISP without necessarily knowing where the problem really lies.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 65 of 97

In its day the copper network was second to none worldwide, even now what is expected of it, you have to admire what it can achieve so many years on, its testimony to all the people who laid and have continued to maintain and develop it.  Problems will arise with any ISP who uses the network, its performing tasks now that never existed from its rollout. 

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 97

NilSatisOptimum
Never a more true post and a network that will still continue to be used for years to come
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 67 of 97

This is my experience as well I started off being all excited about coming back to BT and dropping AOL after a considerable amount of years and leaving AOL is no easy task I can tell you. 

BT got the good first impression thing right as my equipment came on time as promised, the guide on how to install was brilliant, everything went swimmingly until I found out that I could not activiate my service until the day after and my SKY Sports Card had to be activiated that day!

I rang up and got INDIA and had to try to understand a different sort of English. In the end I just found it easier to agree to everything and kept thinking I can't wait for the Would You Recommend Survey to come up next, it did and I l'd just started to leave a message but was cut off after 5 seconds!

The pain continued BT LIED about giving me 4 Months Free, BT Lied about my phone order and BT LIED again 3 times about it before secretly refunding my Paypal Account without any explanation. I spent 3 days of my life listening to English Chamber Music when calling INDIA to complain about a growing catologue of problems. 

Then it GOT WEIRD, BT INDIA assigned a manager to improve my broadband speed to match what I had been getting with AOL. But his solution was RIP THE **bleep** BT BOX OFF THE **bleep** WALL...his exact words, only he didn't say bleep! He talked me through how to unscrew the box and everything and all it did was to annoy my wife who now has another big hole!

In the end the only thing I got from BT was a 12 Month Contract with a promise that if I cancelled that they would chage me £17 a month for each month left on my contract, in other words YOU ARE STUCK WITH US AND ITS TOUGH!

So I've gone from having a great broadband speed with AOL to having a Snails dial-up type speed from BT on the same line. If my daughter uses her iphone or another laptop it locks up the broadband so I've told her not to visit us any more.

SO I AGREE DON'T COME BACK TO BT  - AOL SAID I WOULD SERIOUSLY REGRET IT AND THEY WERE TELLING THE TRUTH. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 68 of 97

Maybe this should be changed to Agony aunt Corner Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Sheesh.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 97

@cjwaywell

you seem to be having very bad connection problems with slow speed and even to the extent of stopping your daughter from visiting

if you would like some help/assistance/suggestions from the forum members who like you are customers then can you start your own subject and post the adsl stats from your router and also run btspeedtester and post the results.  are you still connected to the test socket?

it may be that AOL had their own equipment in your exchange and provided an LLU service and BT are still providing the adslmax service.  you can check your exchange here  http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 70 of 97

I will second that.  Just joined BT and for the first time in eight years my email has stopped working.  Their solutions page is useless and does not fix the problem.  I really do wish I had just stayed where I was! Try talking to a human being to get some help.  That's impossible as well.  BT Yahoo mail.  You can keep it.

0 Ratings