cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 97

Re: DON'T JOIN BT!

Your provider is BT retail, they purchase services from Openreach and BTWholesale who operate as independant companies this was set up by OFCOM to ensure ALL communication providers are dealt with at the same level of service therefore Openreach bill BT Retail for work carried out
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 82 of 97

Yes i know this John, BTretail buy from BTwholesale as setup by OFCOM but its still BT, and havent BT used that to their advantage?? "Sorry thats an issue for Openreach, but you can't talk directly to them", case closed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 97

Sorry but no all isps are treat at the same service level BT Retail has no advantage if youare having problems with with your infinity profile
I suggest you contact the forum mods they should be able to get that sorted for you this is a link to them
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
they normally reply by email or phone within 72 hours
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 97

I think this is a very helpful remark i wish i had seen it before i joined i have had problems for months with them and they do tell so many lies i got told numerous lies even tho i had the proof of things that were said they still continued to lie i do not trust BT at all and cant wait to find another supplier i made complaints 3 times which were never answered surprise surprise, i am lodging a complaint with the ombudsman and they cannot and should not getting away with all the lies. And how they treat and speak to people.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 85 of 97

Hi Tigger2

Sorry that your complaints have not been replied to. I can have it chased up for you.

Email me using the contact us form in my profile its in the section about me.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 97

Yeah regret joining them. Been having consistent problems for the past two years and nothings been done about it, BT fail to understand that it may be their fault at times.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 87 of 97

Totally regret joining BT. I also can't get Infinity in my area just now. Living in a major city and can't get Infinity. Could understand if I was up in Skye or someplace farther afield.
I can't even upload one photograph to my website. I used to upload 20 at a time in a few minutes.
No problems when with AOL.
Only left them 'cos they took money from my account that they shouldn't have leaving me short for another bill and then being charged by the bank as they do for not having the money in the account for said bill.
Anyway, was mad and left them to join BT.
I asked the BT tech people for help but all they did was take over my pc and delete temp files and such which I did myself anyway.

I would go back to aol but BT want £331. to cancel. They don't provide a service they promised and I have to pay £331 for the non service they provided.

I also cannot understand this 10 days wait for things to pick up. Going by the complaints, I don't see the speed picking up much more than I allready have but I'll bide my time and wait in hope..........

Sorry I cancelled aol now. No waiting for 10 days stuff nonsense. Got all you wanted/needed right away.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 88 of 97

Well, I`ve been with BT for many years and I mean many years and I`ve no complaints. I get GOOD service and I find their customer service very good.

My download - upload speeds are very good.

I`m on option 3 (unlimited) and I can not remember the last time I had to contact BT to report any problems.

I found the UK (not offshore help) help very good when I had reason to contact them.

Not everyone hates BT.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 89 of 97

Hi

picalo28 your own post has been replied to if you follow the suggestions given then we may be able to offer more help to you the 10days is a line training period while the exchange equipment provides the fastest and most stable speed your line can support during this time you can expect speed changes and disconnections this is perfectly normal with all isps during the 10 day training period it is important that your hub is left powered up  with no manual restarts  to allow stabilisation

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 97

THE PROBLEMS CONTINUE I'M AFRAID/ MARKING THEM SOLVED WHEN THEY'RE NOT WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING !!

I can quite understand the problems you had.  There are clearly quite systemic problems at BT.  However, before

I join the swarms of ex customers to enlist with TalkTalk, Im gonna make **bleep** sure (together with colleagues in

associated industries) that we get to the truth.   Yes, I take your point too - truth is what's at issue here.

When your told one thing by a seemingly well meaning guy who speaks only pidgeon English ( eg - and I quote "Everyone who accesses MyBt at the moment is UNABLE to see their Broadband useage Monitor because Bt has withdrawn it.!"    -  Then you go onto the BTCare Community Forum and are told by three customers that they ARE able to access it, you begin to wonder about that narrow line between Lies, **bleep** Lies & Truth.    Hey- Im a dog with a bone now - particularly as my previous message about useage monitor unavailability was promptly marked SOLVED when in fact it hasn't been.    Among the lines of enquiry we will be exploring of course will be the 'glib' messages from persons who are

allegedly genuine contributors to this very BTCare Community Forum.   I feel sure thats going to be interesting.  Watch this space !!!!        Yours   Roy Henry 

0 Ratings