cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranger01
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

DSL Checker Help!!! Which figure do I look at???

speed.png

Hi all Im considering going to BT Infinity and was show this tool to check the Broadband speed available.  I know there is an old 7mb connection already (though i did think it was 17mb!!!)  anyway checked it out and ive no idea which figure im meant to look at here!!!

Are my Bband speeds the VDSL connection or the ADSL connection???

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: DSL Checker Help!!! Which figure do I look at???

ADSL is what you'll be on at the moment, estimated speeds of 4-8meg although the specification of the technology had the potential of "up to 17meg".

If you move to Infinity 1, you'd get the full 52meg as estimated speed your line can support is higher than this. Infinity uses VDSL technology (fibre to the cabinet).
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
ranger01
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

hi webby,

thanks for that so the VDSL line because it says available does it mean i CAN get it in my property??  And I thought it was the 78 figure I was meant to look at? I assume i Need to be looking at the download threshold figure and not the rate?

I think what im really stuggling with these figures is how to I find out if the fibre line is all the way to my property

thanks

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The fibre only goes as far as the green cabinet, from there Infinity is delivered on the normal copper phone line. You should expect get a download speed of between  78M & 58M for Infinity2. If you decide on Infinity1, your speed will be artificially capped at 55M. Infinity 1 is more than adequate unless you intend streaming multiple UHD channels simultaneously.

0 Ratings