cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

DSL Checker new section???

Go to solution

Just done my usual daily check of the DSL checker to see if it has fibre listed yet, and under the first half of the table there is a new section with:

VRI:           N

NTEFaceplate:          N

LastTestDate:           17/05/2017

Havent seen them before. Is it anything related to fibre?? or is it some other piece of data that isn't relevant to me??

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: DSL Checker new section???

Go to solution
nothing relevant to fibre availability
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

yeah didnt think so. Thanks anyway

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
They've been adding bits onto this for a while, a lot of it stems from a new, Question Based Closure' template Engineers have to fill out when closing down jobs after they've visited your house.

Two of the questions are about Star Wiring and what type of NTE and NTE Faceplate you have.

It's to help with the process of ordering additional products. the new NTE5c for example. There's actually 4 different Faceplates that fit it.

Standard one
VDSL one
G.Fast
Hatteras

If an Engineer states in his QBC the NTE has a G.Fast one fitted and someone moves in and doesn't want G.Fast but instead wants ADSL they'll know they need to arrange an Installation visit to recover the G.Fast Plate and provide a Standard one.

Obviously if it states you have Star Wiring then that'll need really need removing before you get any kind of DSL Service.

I've no idea what VRI stands for though. Been working in Telecoms best part of 20 years and I've never once heard the abbreviation 'VRI'.?
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
VRI = Virtual Reality Installation
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
which is what?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
A joke.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@stevebrass wrote:
VRI = Virtual Reality Installation

Or it could be

Video Remote Interpreting (language services)

or

Video Relay Interpreting

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Thes things are too serious to joke about!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
Could be something to do with Virtual Reality. Doesn't BT Sport now have some VR thing?

A friend of a friend works in a BT Call Centre and month or so ago he was showing me show cardboard VR set BT gave him and it had something to do with BT Sport.

I don't have either BT TV or BT Sport so don't know for sure.
0 Ratings