cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xanxion
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

DSL Down - No internet for me!

For the most part our BT Infinity has been great, working fabulously for over a year but about 2 weeks ago the line dropped out for about 4 hours, phone line still worked but hh3 was flashing an orange light for broadband, a few hours later everything was up and running again so i figured it was just something at BT's end.

yesterday the line dropped out again around 1pm, and it's been down ever since.

power cycling both the modem and hub doesn't make a difference, openreach modem has no DSL light on, nothing has changed with the setup, none of the wires are damaged, phone line still works fine, checked the faults page and none of the listed known faults are in my area.

I'm living alone at the moment and as i've recently had surgery on my throat i cannot speak what so ever so calling to get the problem sorted isn't possible, i've emailed BT about the fault but not heard anything back yet.

Is there something i'm missing, some quick fix to get the ball rolling again?

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 27

Re: DSL Down - No internet for me!

Hi

If you have a look HERE// there is a simple step by step guide from BT that may help you.

You would then need to report the fault to 0800 111 4567 or (0330 123 4567 from a mobile)

I expect they will still get you to run through the checks again.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 27

Sounds to me you have a fault on your line, follow these steps please!

1. Visit this link https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/secure/faults/tracking.do;jsessionid=2W59QB2TvDGLZST41KJS2T...
2. Make an account with your BT Account number, this is different to your forum account.
3. Once the account is created re-visit the link from instruction #1 and login
4. Now you want to click on "Check my line now"
5. You should see your telephone number in a box, make sure that box is ticked if not enter your number.
6. Click on "Check my line" once step 5 has been completed
7. Make sure the details are correct, select the most relavant problem to you. I find the most common is the top selection "I've removed all equipment...."
8. Finally, Click "Check my line" **MAKE SURE NO ONE IS USING THE PHONE** Once completed, post the results contact a mod if a fault is found.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
xanxion
Contributor
Message 4 of 27

I gave it a go despite having done all the suggested steps already, still nothing.

Checked the landline phone attached to the same line again, and even though it was working yesterday theres now no dialtone what so ever.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
xanxion
Contributor
Message 5 of 27

I've attempted your suggestion ryany704, i receive the following message:

"Sorry, we are unable to perform a line test or accept fault reports online for this type of line. Please contact 0800 800 151 (Residential) or 0800 800 154 (Business) for further assistance. We apologise for any inconvenience."
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 27

Ok, you have a fault somewhere. Sounds to me at the exchange, ring BT up callcentre and say that you have no dial tone as this is the reason why you have no broadband. If you say you have no broadband you will have to go through a lot of steps already and probably won't sent out an engineer so make sure you ring up and talk about no dial tone and try not to mention broadband.

Good luck 🙂

0 Ratings
xanxion
Contributor
Message 7 of 27

I wish i could, as i mentioned in the first post, i've recently (on saturday) had surgery on my throat, i can't so much as let out a grunt or groan let alone jump through the usual hoops with the call center
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Could you get a friend /family member/ neighbour make the call for you ?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 27

You can contact the mods with this link and fill in the form

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

This will take longer but it doesn't require a phone call, so all should be ok. It will take at least 3 days for the mods to respond to your query or request.

An aleternative is by visiting this link, https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902

and doing what I said before, but lets just put it they ain't the brightest on the block from my experince.

Good luck 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 27

ryant704 sometimes the mod team contact by Phone so it may not help why I suggested that a friend or family member phoned for the OP
0 Ratings