Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
xanxion
Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: DSL Down - No internet for me!

reported it and it's now apparently a fault on the line which was only just reinstated 4 days ago. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
xanxion
Contributor
Message 22 of 27

tus Re: DSL Down - No internet for me!

Fault status page today around 2pm (11 hours ago) changed to "Clear request, we now think your problem has been fixed", dsl light is still out, rebooting modem does nothing, i've noticed too that the number listed on the fault page is my old number (the number i had prior to bt incorrectly terminating my phone line then spending 3 days turning it back on again, as doing so lost me my phone line number, i now have a new number.

This is getting beyond a joke.

0 Ratings
xanxion
Contributor
Message 23 of 27

Re: tus Re: DSL Down - No internet for me!

Well, BT can officially go to hell for all i care.

so heres what's happened so far:

- Called up 2 months ago to cancel phone line and internet as we were possibly going to move to another country

- Called up an hour later to cancel the cancellation, guy on the phone confirmed the cancellation of the cancellation.

- a few weeks ago internet stopped working, i called up and was told my phone line had been cancelled, but not my internet.

- they sent out an engineer to reconnect the phone line, which they did, and everything was peacy for 3 days

- on the third day the phone worked fine but no internet.

- called up and we found the problem to be the internet was tied to my old number and my phone line now had a new number, they promised this would be fixed within 48 hours

- got a call 10 minutes ago from the indian call center briefly confirming who i was then without really explaining anything passed me over to the sales department, where the woman on the other end, somewhere in india, tells me 'we have it written down that you cancelled both internet and phone line on the 5th of november because you're moving to another company'
 then asked me if i would like to place a new order with bt - i asked if this would result in a new contract and she said as i had cancelled both phone line and internet that i would have to start a new contract.

So you kno what? i told her to leave it, i never asked for my line and internet to be cancelled on the 5th of november, ironically the SAME day they took payment for another month.

Stuff this, i'll do without.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 24 of 27

@xanxion wrote:

- Called up 2 months ago to cancel phone line and internet as we were possibly going to move to another country

- Called up an hour later to cancel the cancellation, guy on the phone confirmed the cancellation of the cancellation..

i think this is where it all went wrong

0 Ratings
xanxion
Contributor
Message 25 of 27

@Bullitt wrote:

@xanxion wrote:

- Called up an hour later to cancel the cancellation, guy on the phone confirmed the cancellation of the cancellation..

i think this is where it all went wrong

Each time i called BT i explained the situation fully, including the initial cancellation request and that i no longer wanted anything cancelling, i don't see what's so hard to understand there, or why not a single person i talked to on the countless times i called bt and explained things, could pull up my account and remove the cancellation order.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 26 of 27

another poster on here had similar problems after accidentally downgrading to adsl on the bt website and trying to get the downgrade reversed
so your not alone
im surprised you didnt mention it in your first post
0 Ratings
xanxion
Contributor
Message 27 of 27

@Bullitt wrote:
another poster on here had similar problems after accidentally downgrading to adsl on the bt website and trying to get the downgrade reversed
so your not alone
im surprised you didnt mention it in your first post

My line had done similar things in the past, and given that it was more than a month after i had asked for the line to be cancelled then cancelled the cancellation i didn't assume that it would be the case - as it stands, if the cancellation of the phone line AND internet were due to that cancellation order it would be 9 weeks and 4 days since, in which time they disconnected and reconnected my land line.

i still think they cancelled both as an "easy fix" to getting my broadband linked to a new number, and each time i called i specifically asked if the cancellation order was in place, each time they said no. either way it doesn't matter, i no longer receive any services from BT, and i seriously doubt i'll do so again, now or in the future.

0 Ratings