cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

DSL dropping off when Using Asus Router on FTTC Connection

I have raised a thread on the Asus forum regarding this already , as the issue may be around their router. However saying that , the router in question works with other ISP's

Before I had recently moved , for some time I had been using the ASUS  DSL-N66U router with my FTTC 50 MB connection from SSE ( part of the Daisy UK group) , this replaced the generic Technicolour router that was supplied .

Since moving house, I changed provider  to BT Inifinty , and I noticed the ASUS router did not initially work with the new ISP  ( BT) on the new property .  However I assumed the Router was faulty then replaced it with an Identical model (DSL N66U ) . This initially worked for around 48 Hours but , eventually the DSL conneciton dropped and stopped working ( same behaivour as the initial Asus Router )  . Out of curiousity I tried some other third party routers  ( the Technicolour from SSE , Netgear router from EE  ) all of the other third pary routers worked without problem . Furthermore the BT home hub works just fine

However my long term aim is to have the Asus working, to take advantage of the extra  features and possible firmware unlocking . Both Asus routers are on the most recent firmware . I am not sure what the issue is  . I just thought that someone may have had this same issue with ASUS and BT ?

Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: DSL dropping off when Using Asus Router on FTTC Connection

Have you tried the merlin firmware on it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: DSL dropping off when Using Asus Router on FTTC Connection

@pippincpNo I haven't yet , would you recommend it ?

0 Ratings