cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilgrim_uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Daily disconnects and Like the Oscars not very original.

Hi

Wonder if you guys could shed light on an issue on an issue I am currently having. Are you seated comfortably then I shall begin.

Received an email beginning of December last year about exchange being upgraded and since then nothing but problems. Think it could be down to noise level fluctuations. (Unsure as I am not a comms engineer) Last night went to bed and the noise level was 10.8db woke up this morning to a disconnected broadband and the bt hub has the noise level at 1.8db. Also this has started to become twice a day connections and usually my speed drops to half normal. i.e. 8Mb to 4Mb.  Now nothing has changed internally over the last 7 years were we have had a very stable 8Mb connection.

Had an engineer come out and test the line and he says everything was fine. The exchange could see the disconnections and moved me over to an E Side and still has not solved the problem. Got another engineer coming out on Tuesday to do another test. Still to do a quiet test (17070) but since an engineer has been out would they have picked that up?

I have an NTE5 master socket and all brand new filters plus BT Hub V3 Running  Software version V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B.

The Bt home hub has been connected (24hrs) to the master test socket and the dropouts still happen. Below is an example logs of a disconnection from the hub:

10:20:31,03 Mar. 	 PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
   10:20:28,03 Mar. 	 PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
   10:20:24,03 Mar. 	 PPP LCP Send Termination Request
   10:20:21,03 Mar. 	 WAN connection WAN3_TR069_INTERNET_R_ATM1_0_38 disconnected.[ERROR_ISP_TIME_OUT]
   10:20:21,03 Mar. 	 PPP LCP Send Termination Request
   07:05:09,03 Mar. 	 DHCP Lease renewed for IP ***********to host ****** (MAC *************), duration: 1 day
   07:05:09,03 Mar. 	 Receive a DHCP request: **********, ***********.
   03:11:20,03 Mar. 	 Possible PS or DA. src=58.218.199.227 DST=31.52.56.140 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=110 ID=256 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=12200 DPT=1080 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

At the bottom the Chinese government trying to attack me at 3.10 in the morning sheesh what have I done to them. 😄

Here we have an example Line status from the hub

bt1622012.JPG

Now from all this can anybody suggest what the real problem is?  Or could I be onto something with the noise level. It is a gradual deterioration over time with noticeable changes in web page performance. (although many other factors can affect this)

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Daily disconnects and Like the Oscars not very original.

Hi Welcome to the forums

hi  your noise margin is very low and could be causing you some problems  read through Keiths help pages  and then please post back with any results Test Socket.jpg

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com
Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket
Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal
Then someone here may be able to help and offer more advice.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Pilgrim_uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Results from the speedtest. Im shocked, mortified, stunned how could be BT do this to me...me....me. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Ok drama queen moment over. Looks like my profile has changed for the line.

bt3.JPG 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Which type of master socket do you have?

One of these

NTE5_fl[1].jpg

Or one of these

LJU2_front[1].jpg

Or if you are lucky

One of these

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
Pilgrim_uk
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

NTE5.  Check further info from first post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Ok please try the quiet line test and also connect the hub to the test socket and see if that stops the disconnects
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

You maxmum speed is show in red below.

Your downstream target SNR (Noise Margin) is probably set too low for your line. Its normally about 6dB for ADSL max, but your last reading was very low indeed.

I have explained a bit about noise margins here, and there is a suggestion at the end which may help.

Noise margins

I know you have tried the test socket, but were the results that you displayed earlier taken with the home hub plugged into the test socket? If not, could you please provide a set of readings in that position?

Also, do you have any extensions connected to the test socket?

Speed estimate

Estimation of your maximum rate adaptive adsl speed

Downstream
Attenuation
dB Approx
Line Length
km

dslMAX kbps IP Profile kbps

adsl2+ (21CN) kbps IP Profile kbps

adsl2+ (LLU) kbps Throughput kbps

0 Ratings