Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaled75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1191 of 3,467

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

@Kilfinan wrote:

Just had the engineer round.  Download sitting at 35meg and upload at about 9meg.  Thats an increase from 6meg download.

Two years ago when I started this thread I was getting 120k download.  What a turnaround.

Are you on the 38 meg package or the 76?

0 Ratings
Puppy59
Expert
Message 1192 of 3,467

IMJ, perhaps the work planned on 16/10 will be the commissioning?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1193 of 3,467

Could be just need to wait and see. Waited for ages so what's another couple of weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 1194 of 3,467

I'm on the 38 meg deal so pretty much getting as good as I can.

0 Ratings
Bribri7
Beginner
Message 1195 of 3,467

Anybody know any more of cab 25. Think the power went in a couple weeks ago so must be anytime soon going live? Glad to see others in Bonnyrigg finally getting it. Been a long time coming!!
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1196 of 3,467

Did you see the electrician connecting cab25 or was it people digging at the cabinet similar to the digging at cab 27 couple weeks ago?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Puppy59
Expert
Message 1197 of 3,467

Welcome to the forum Bribri7Smiley Wink

I am also on cab25, and yes the power did go in a couple of weeks ago.  There is work planned on Polton Ave Road for 21/10, and I hope it is to blow the fibre to the cab, but I can tell you that work has been planned on that road for the post couple of months, however it keeps on being cancelled and re-scheduled.  So I wouldn't hold your breath that it will go ahead!Smiley Frustrated 

0 Ratings
Puppy59
Expert
Message 1198 of 3,467

Kilfnan, surprised to hear you went for the lower spec package considering your past experiences, however I would like to know how you are finding your new found speed.  I am particuarily interested in video quality as my family stream a lot of video on Netflix and Lovefilm, is it full HD quality?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 1199 of 3,467

I'll see how I get on with the 38 meg before thinking about upgrading.  I use Netflix and it isn't HD quality but to be honest it's good enough.  I'll see how the line settles down.

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 1200 of 3,467

I have just had a bit of worrying news.

My stepdad had an engineer out early this morning because there was something

wrong with the line downstairs and he asked the engineer if he knows whether

the work in easthouses and for our cabinet 4 for FTTC was near to being finished

and the cabinet going live and according to the engineer, the work up here is no

where near finished and don't hold your breath of getting FTTC soon.

I can only hope the engineer didn't actually know what he was

talking about and was just talking a lot of **bleep**.

0 Ratings