Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete1564
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2601 of 3,467

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

Lol, wish I had 😞
Will do, if they're still there when I next go by. In meantime, if anyone else reading this happens to be passing........:-)
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2602 of 3,467

the first real sign will be the erection of new cabinets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pete1564
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2603 of 3,467

Appreciate that, but thought there may be prep work required first on the current cabinets and that this was an initial step on the long road to getting fibre down here 🙂
Like I said, wishful thinking 😉
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2604 of 3,467

not from what I remember  just a work crew turned up with barriers and started to dig a holes and connecting trench between the cabs and it then progressed from there.  the last fibre cab is 45 which may be the nearest to your 49/50 cabs and that is at the bottom of Sherwood

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
scotty2442
Contributor
Message 2605 of 3,467

I notice that the work that was meant to start on Monday for cab 41 hasn't started yet
0 Ratings
BringMeInfinity
Aspiring Expert
Message 2606 of 3,467

Nice to see even on bt forum they are opposed to competition after removing my VM update post nice 🙂 perhaps the forum could fee-back the update of the VM rollout maybe we will see a little action after 3 years.

0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 2607 of 3,467

I noticed fibre was being layed in Orchard Grange near Jenks Loan last Thursday.  That's Cab 41 isn't it?

0 Ratings
cajster3108
Beginner
Message 2608 of 3,467

I live off Baird's Way, I regularly work from home. My broadband speed is dreadful. Today my hub has dropped the connection on at least four occasions for no obvious reason - didn't do that yesterday or the day before. Download speeds rarely reach 2MBs/sec. I am as I type using a WiFi hotspot app to share my mobile connection with my PC. It is faster and more reliable than my BT broadband. It is not even a 4G sim. A short drive from Scotland's capital, yet my broadband would be no worse if I lived way out in the sticks.

From what I have read on these forums, I along with many others in the area, am burdened with the curse of cabinet 39. No fixed date for upgrade yet. Something to do with the cost of upgrading the powers supply. I am paying through the nose for a poor service and feel as a consumer, I am over a barrel: a victim of BT's commercial interests coming before those of it's customers. Why should they upgrade cabinet 45? There are no commercial drivers for them to do so. There's no cable in the area so residents have to take it or leave it.

For my pedestrian service, I am charged the sum of £37/month. Some neighbours are more fortunate as they are served by a different cabinet (45 I think?) and as a result enjoy speeds I can only deam of at a significantly lower monthly cost.

I will be dumping BT at the earliest opportunity. If I'm going to have to endure rubbish broadband for the forseeable future I may as well enjoy the lower prices offered by other providers.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2609 of 3,467

cab 39 is on the link road and a long way from cab 45 which was last to have fibre and nearest to cab 39

openreach are a private company and as such need to do the best they can for their shareholders not the customer  due to the distnace from last fibre cabinet openreach at present appear to have decided it is not economic to provide fibre to cab 39

also looks like BDUK scotland are not interested in connecting it either

0 Ratings
scotty2442
Contributor
Message 2610 of 3,467

@Kilfinan no that's not cab 41, cab 41 is at the top of Bryan's Road
0 Ratings