Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Data Allowance confusion

Hi All,

I am 11 months into my first contract with BT Mobile, and I might add that this is my first ever contract, after being on PAYG before.

I have already done a quick "Online chat" about this, but I want to get a more definitive answer about this - I am on the 500Mb Data Plan (Plus 200 Minutes Calls, and unlimited Texts). I went on holiday the day after the new Billing period, and my BT Mobile App was saying 1000Mb available, despite still showing as being on the 500 Plan. As I had very limited access to Wi-Fi, I took advantage of this, and had only 152Mb left.. so of course switched off Mobile data for now.

On returning home, I checked the MyBT page, and it tells me I have exceeded my 500Mb allowance (Showing a couple of Alerts and warnings about it) - which I have of course technically, but when I get to the My Mobile page of "My BT", I am showing as having 152Mb left, but out of 500Mb.

I need to know the following -

1. Am I on the 500Mb or 1000Mb plan ? I know all my records show it is the 500, but why my App show that I have 1000Mb for this period ?.

2. Will I be charged for the extra 348Mb used ? Thus far it says not, but I remain a little sceptical !!!

TIA.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
DavidM
Message 2 of 2

Re: Data Allowance confusion

Hi @Durgemeister and thanks for posting.

If you're still having problems getting this sorted drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

david

0 Ratings