Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leigh320
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Data roaming

Hi all,

One of my family, who is on my BT family sim deal, is in Greece and is having problems with data.

She has been sending and receiving texts ok, being charged before the 1st June and now free (UK allowance) as expected.

She turned on data roaming today and has a 3G signal but still can't use data.

Any ideas?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: Data roaming

Hi @Leigh320 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry your family member is having problems using the mobile data abroad. Take a look at BT Mobile: I'm having trouble using mobile data abroad and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Leigh320
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

She was all set up before they left. Turned roaming off on the phone until roam like home kicked in.
They are back now and I checked setting on the phone are still correct.
The phone had used about 8Mb over 3 days of roaming which I expect was something trying to connect but nothing worked.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 5

@Leigh320 I'm sorry about that. If she reports this problem to the BT Mobile faults team they'll get this looked into further. 

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Neil, I tried the Chat Team - not very helpful I must say.

I am in Portugal and have two phones on my account. One roaming working the second not. I checked my account on-line and everything OK. Tried chat and they confirmed that my two phones were set up correctly, but just blamed it on a network error and to try again later - this was despite me telling them that I had beentrying to manually add a moble network for over two days. They seemed oblivious that my other phone was working!

I sorted my second phone by going into mobile networks and resetting to default. Bingo.

Stew

0 Ratings