Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 47

Data usage updating

Go to solution

Another moan about the way in which BT update Data usage as shown on the BT acoount page, I have just looked at mine and saw it was Last updated 0:02 am, 23 Feb 2010.

It is now 36 hours later and I have no idea what my usage has been over that period.

If I were to be close to, or over my limit I would be subject of excess usage charges.

I do pay the extra £5 for 500mb, but that is not the point, the point is, its about time that BT had in place a far better means of the users knowing our usage by a more up to date means, then we would have the choice to be economical or be prepared to pay for excess.

Back me up if you agree, and perhaps the mods will be able to let us know if such a means is being looked at with some degree of urgency.

Ray.

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
Fredo
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 47

Re: Data usage updating

Go to solution
Agreed. The cost of data is high and the consequences of going over the limit are bad. We need usage figures that are as up to date as possible.
0 Ratings
neilmorgan
Expert
Message 3 of 47

Go to solution

See this thread http://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-in-the-home/Usage-Monitor/m-p/5967#M2949

Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 47

Go to solution

Neil, that thread is directed more at Home usage, I am aiming at the Mobile usage shown on the BT Account page, as of a few minutes ago  it showed   Last updated 0:02 am, 23 Feb 2010 which is well over 48 hours ago.

The delay is just not good enough, some are still on 10MB, and it would be quite easy to exceed that over 48 hours.

Due to us not being able to check usage and then going over the allowance, would BT compensate? I doubt it.

This seems to be an area where the normally helpful mods, say very little, hopefully they will give at least a comment that would be helpful, but to Home BB as we Mobile.

I am still trying to work out how BT have managed to foul up my account, the one thing I can see is I am still paying for Option 3, that's for another post later.

Ray.

0 Ratings
Fredo
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 47

Go to solution

Would this be so important if BT provided "unlimited" data usage for a fiver as do other mobile phone companies? 

I am on 10mb and don't think 500mb is good value for a fiver.

0 Ratings
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 47

Go to solution

Mine still shows the same date as yours does, but interestingly my Feb bill was issued on 24 Feb. Usually that page is reset back to zero when the invoice is produced. I wish someone would kick the server or the chipmunks turning the gears because I want to know my daily usage precisely (or as close as BT can do precisely).

0 Ratings
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 47

Go to solution
Great. Now that page shows "No details available currently"
0 Ratings
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 47

Go to solution

Just checkeds and found the same  "No details available currently".

My start date is the 24th, so should see setting back to zero 2 days ago, now no idea at all what my Data usage is.

re earlier comments, perhaps a Data roll over each month would at least partway help, also not have to pay extra for MMS.

So far BT are letting us down not being able to use BBA phone on the mobile, it has been said elsewhere, that was part of the attraction of staying with BT.

All in all BT are supposed to be well ahead of technology ( I said supposed to be), they are becoming a joke.

No BB phone on the mobile.

Incorrect Data usage due to delay updata..

Bills wrong.

Anyone want to add to the list?

Ray.

0 Ratings
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 47

Go to solution
Yes, I'll add one more. No one at BT customer service seems to know how I can make my mobile number ex-directory. Surely this must be possible!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
semaj3939
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 47

Go to solution

The usage on my Broadband dongle appears to update almost in real time, or at least within hours. So why cant we have the same efficiency on the Touch2/Hero usage?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings