cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Daylight Saving chaos

My HTC Touch 2 has gone haywire since the end of British Summer Time! I received a notification on the morning of 31st October that my phone had been updated with the end of BST. However, the time remained set for GMT+1. I confirmed that the option for automatically updating time zones was checked. I have turned this on and off, turned the phone on and off and done a soft reset .. its got worse. The time now shows GMT+3!!

Has anyone else had this problem with the hour changing and more importantly does anyone know how to fix it??

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
SuffolkKev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Daylight Saving chaos

Hi

I had exactly the same problem but have no idea how to cure it other than setting the time manually

0 Ratings
iantostevin
Message 3 of 7

No help from me . Woke up sunday a happy bunny my phone had updated. Monday night it had gained an hour , so I did a time change . No problems Tuesday until it woke me this morning (wednesday ) an hour early. Reset the time and it changed it self by going forward an hour before half past ten. Baffled

0 Ratings
errolg
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Similar problem with my HTC Touch2, however I never got the warning that my phone would be updated at the end of British summer time and it didn't. I synchronised it with my PC and it correct itself, the following day it reverted back to summer time. I changed the timezone to GMT-1, the following day it reverted back to GMT. I manually altered the time, I received a call and guess what, it reverted to summer time again. I have now plugged it into my PC again, which has corrected the time, but for how long?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I use a HTC HD2; our daughter uses a T2, who's had no problems with this issue. 

Have you downloaded and installed the lates ROM updates from the HTC support section, there was an issue with weather/time using 2G and 3G connectivity, which the ROM update has solved in her case with the T2.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
SimonD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thanks to all who have contributed - at least its good to know I'm not the only one with the problem (i.e. its not something dumb I did, not that its good others are struggling). I have looked for software updates and patches, but there are none presently available. Here is the line from HTC customer support:

Thank you for contacting HTC Customer Support.

We are currently investigating this issue, no software patches are available at this time.

What you need to do at the moment is:

Settings -> Data services -> Time synchronization -> Untick all here

Settings -> Menu -> All settings -> Personal/Private -> Phone -> GSM & UMTS Services -> Time synchronization -> Get settings -> Untick all here

Now just to set the correct time and then it should work.

We are however letting our Development Team know of these cases so that a solution can be found.

If I get any other update from them, I will post it here. It does seem to be a known issue (pace Allan Quatermain's daughter).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

AFAIK the issue was that the T2 prefers to update weather and check internet time via 3G.  The ROM update on the HTC website seems to have cured this on my daughters T2.  It is not an issue on my handset either, which is a HTC HD2; that is to say with 'check internet time' selected as an option for me.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings