cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techguy
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Dead Slow Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 1- Never buy again

Its so annoying that i need to call to BT every week or two regarding speed issue. I supoosed to be getting above 50MB but guess what im getting only 4 MB- 10 MB. I'm so tired now and thinking to complain to watch dog , write open letter on linkedin, twitter facebook and newspaper etc.

I'm working in IT from last 20 years and know this inside out, It really frustrate me to call them and go through all the rubbish again and again. Both test taken aroung 22:55, only one single pc and my mobile connected.

speedtest04092016.PNG

BTSpeedtest4092016.PNG

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Dead Slow Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 1- Never buy again

You should probably remove your account number from the post as this is a public forum.

Apart from the speed test have you undertaken any testing to try and prove what / where the fault may be? Have you followed the 'Top Tips' on the front page of this part of the forum? From the BT Infinity Speed/Connection Issues front page:

Top Tips
There are a few bits of information that other members will need to help diagnose your broadband problem. If you inlcude the below information in your post it will go a long way in helping get to the bottom of the issue

Run a Speed test and post the results
Learn how from here Broadband Top Tips
Post your Home Hub router stats
Run a quiet Line test
Check for known problem in your area
See our service Status page here Service Status
Help articles related to broadband
See this link for all our Broadband help

Regards

0 Ratings
Bzia
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

smf22 thanks for pointing out about account number, seems its removed now, 

Are you really kidding me with these tips etc. If you have read my post =, I did mentioned that I have wasted  hours with BT Engineers to sort out issue. Just for you info; Im CCNA qualified and have 20 year experience in designing network. 

BT is just ripping off customer by providing such rubbish service becuase government is not brining any regulations to fine tune this industry and not holding BT for such crimes against people. Hope you can read how many people are complaining about this issue.

They should allow google broadband and open up markeet for competation. 

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

What crime?

BT and Openreach are one of the most heavily regulated businesses in the country.

It's likely a simple network capacity issue that Wholesale will be working to resolve.

Of course you'll get a disproportinate number of people claiming something isn't working on a forum. You wouldn't come on here to say everything was working fine would you?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Bzia
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Seems we are moving away from issue which still exists . Wondering how long BT will take to resolve network capacity issue.
Its nearly 8 months now and I can see so many BT adverts, trying to convince people to join BT braodband , If they have network capacity issue, it would be wise to stop having more customer
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Assuming bzia and techguy are one of the same, then no you didn't mention anything about BT engineers. You said you called BT every week. The two are not the same.

I still don't see any evidence that you've undertaken any diagnostics. Simply running speed tests does nothing to identify where the problem is.

What speed are you sync'ing at? What's the max attainable rate vs. the sync rate? What's the noise margin? Connected to test socket? Any extensions?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Network capacity issues are localised, often to only one, or a handful of VP's from any given exchange. It's not really a common issue as most upgrades are planned when a certain threshold is breached. However there are times when a number of heavy use customers switch ISP and Wholesale are taken by surprise.

It also depends on what needs to be done to increase capacity, sometimes there's physical upgrades required and new kit/fibres have to be installed, sometimes over quite large distances.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings