Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parsnip
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Dead Youview box

Hello

Have been using a DTR-T1000 BT Youview box for 18mths or so now without a single issue. Came back from a long weekend to find the box will not come out of standby.The orange light just stays on.Tried the switch at the back and then the switch and the plug and eventually it came on but froze at the 'Youview Nearly Ready' screen.

At this point I did a factory reset.It worked fine (once) after that now it's died completely .No orange light,nothing.I changed the fuse in the plug,and the batteries in the remote,still nothing.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dead Youview box

Hi Parsnip,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum, I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your Youview box. If you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Parsnip
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

***update***
After nearly 2 weeks of absolutely nothing (no response AT ALL from my youview box, I mean no standby lights or power lights on the back or hardrive/fan noise,nothing) my youview box came on ITSELF this afternoon,and after about 15mins of the 'NEARLY READY' screen went straight to BBC1.

At this point I restored the box anyway,just to be sure.

On a side note,I understand BT has a newer box out. Can an existing Youview customer like me (who's been there seen BT launched Youview) get an upgraded box and if so how much would it cost ?
0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Yes you can just phone them up, price seems to Cary according to contract

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings