cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehale29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Debt Agency

I am very unhappy with bt services as I signed up for a triple package and they could,not fulfil that so it got cancelled,I sent box back and hub and was owed money but they have put a cancellation fee on and the rest and said I OWE £295,I HAVE EMAILED THEM WRITTEN TO THEM AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD waive the fee,rang twice today and they thought is was funny to give me a hotline number and they kept ringing me up and putting phone down on me,I am scared as I am going to get a poor credit history what can I do

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Debt Agency

Debt Collection agencies cant make you pay money you clearly do not owe to BT, ask the DCA for proof of the debt. Dont let them bully you into paying as they have no power at all and wont take you to court.

Send the DCA a letter like this:- http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_7957985_dispute-letter-debt.html

Also forwarding any copies to BT for reference, along with a letter explaining the problem and the agreed resolution.

Have you tried the online billing people? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

I used the online ones and found them to be very knowledgeable.

0 Ratings
ehale29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Debt Agency

thank you
0 Ratings
ehale29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Re: Debt Agency,BT JOKE RUDE PEOPLE AND THEY DON,T SORT IT OUT

Still waiting for someone to come back to me,can,t afford to pay this was wondering if I could set up a payment plan,this company are a joke and I have reported them to trading standards,they don,t reply to email's or phonecalls and the people I speak to cannot speak English,what is going on!

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 5

Re: Debt Agency,BT JOKE RUDE PEOPLE AND THEY DON,T SORT IT OUT

Hi Ehale29,

I am sorry for all the hassle that has been caused here.  I can help sort this out once and for all.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings