Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blueoctober_uk
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Decent 21cn speeds Vs Infinity 30th June

Go to solution

Good evening, Carlisle area here. Rolling out infinity in the area, cables laid, new green box just around the corner, nice fan noise comming from inside. Great...... looking forward to extra speed..... then i come to the forums for a look at how it is going UK wide. I know its only usually bad experiences people come on here with, but i am currently getting hassle free 11meg speeds. Should i hang fire?

Just opinons sought.

Blue_uk

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
BattFink
Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Decent 21cn speeds Vs Infinity 30th June

Go to solution

Hi if it's any help, I moved over from O2 LLU broadband back in January to the 40/10 package (Infinity Opt.2), then upgraded to Infinity 2 (80/20 package)

For me so far (touch wood) Infinity has been really fast & reliable, barring a week where I was getting slow downloads, but the BTCare team got it sorted for me. Since then I've had no major problems, speed wise I'm not far off the maximum, speedtest.net comes back with 76.4 down & 18.2 up, downloading from a good webserver is coming back at 9.4MB/s (megabytes/sec)

Personally I say go for it

redstar
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

well Im  happy was estimated 51/20 getting 40/15 but its wonderfull connection now been up for 14 days like that previously was on 4.5  if i was lucky !  and quite a few disconnects when it felt like it 😞 so all in all im very happy 🙂

Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution
just go for it it is well worth it
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

55 down, 15 up, used to be lucky to get 3 down and 0.44 up - chalk and cheese... no regrets for making the move here.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

i used to have 2mb service, went to another fttc provider and had 37/8 which numerous issues - moved back to bt fttc and on 76/17 and more than happy with the service

blueoctober_uk
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
No contest then... just gotta wait now. Roll on the 30th!!!!
0 Ratings
blueoctober_uk
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks for your inputs.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
glad to help 🙂
0 Ratings
blueoctober_uk
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

@blueoctober_uk wrote:

Good evening, Carlisle area here. Rolling out infinity in the area, cables laid, new green box just around the corner, nice fan noise comming from inside. Great...... looking forward to extra speed..... then i come to the forums for a look at how it is going UK wide. I know its only usually bad experiences people come on here with, but i am currently getting hassle free 11meg speeds. Should i hang fire?

Just opinons sought.

Blue_uk

Well here i am, September, the 30th of this month being the date now quoted for this upgrade. I am wondering if its all just lies to keep potential loyal customers hanging on from going to competetors !!!

BT have been slow with everything. YOUVIEW, HD content, now fast Broadband is lagging. If the date falters this time i am taking my whatever pounds per month elsewhere. I hate getting told lies !!!!

0 Ratings