cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
einzichi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 29

Re: Decreased my speed?

NOOOO! My router somehow restarted by itself a couple of hours ago. By now it would've been on for 4days, but that happened. Will this affect the 5day that I have to wait for? 

Status update:
I have been monitoring my speed and connection but so far there hasn't been any changes to the speed at all. As for the connection, it acted stragely a couple of hours ago (i kept losing connection) it was around that time that the router restarted. I guess the connection issue had to do with the weather as stated from the Service Status from BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 29

Hi yes it will affect the 5 days they will now start again i am afraid
0 Ratings
Highlighted
einzichi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

Oh whaaaa-.... (-__-)
Well...another 5days then...  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 29

It is due to it restarting the time clock as the line shows some instability
0 Ratings
einzichi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Oh...wow...this is getting ridiculous...I am never going to get to 5 days as my router decide to restart by itself randomly. 
It has restarted about 3x today and my Latency type has now been changed to "Interleaved" and the noise margin is now 15~/8~.

Isn't there any other way to fix this? I don't want to get stuck on speeds this low for weeks. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 29

hi no there is no other way as noting can be reset until the line is stable as any changes to your connection would be a waste of time as they would not remain
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 29

if you have not already tried it check out imjolly's link and remove the bell wire from each socket it could help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 29

if you cannot keep a stable connection then you will need to get an engineer visit but you need to make sure you have tried eveything to ensure problem outwith your home otherwise could get a bill for £130.  if you haven't try the removing the bellwire sugegsted in my prvious post then I would try it now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
einzichi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

OHFFS... So as long as my router decides to do this I am not getting any higer speeds..... efrdfsibvhekheadfiugqwaeifsdfwcfkpogvjb

I have the really old one-piece master socket so I am not sure that applies to me. Maybe I should get it changed sometime too.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 29

you can disconnect the bellwire on terminal 3 just don't touch the main wires on terminals 2 & 5.  if you have extension sockets then need to reove it there as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings