cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FaridahRimmer
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Default Notice on my Credit File Fuming with BT

I used to have a BT Phoneline & broadband at my home since 2007, in 2010 I got a deal from Sky so I joined them with everything I cancelled my BT contract they sent me a letter "sorry you are leaving"bla bla! I always pay my bills via direct debit & that was the case when I was with BT! A few months after being with SKy I still got invoices from BT every time I rung, they apologise, they cancel the bills this happened about 3/4 months and rung them everytime to remind them am not with BT any more! So the invoices stopped & I was glad that was sorted... Fast track 2016, I go to the bank to apply for a loan and my loan gets declined, my credit rating is really good I couldn't understand why? I got onto my credit files, checked Experian there is default, checked Call Credit no default there, checked Exquifax and there it is a default from BT???? Why would you do this to people why would you destroy people's lives like this?? I swear to God I had never been so angry in my life like then!!! If I was with BT at the time fair enough but I wasn't even with BT!!! I rung Equifax and all they could do was raise a dispute they've sent BT the dispute and BT have clearly refused to reply!!!! I have lost count the amount of times I rung BT asking to speak to someone in the credit referrals team everytime I get told that team can't be reached, I asked for the email they said they can't be reached.. I said then how do you communicate with them??? The bank was giving me another chance, they said if you get that default off we will look at it again, I have rung BT keep me on hold for hours and then someone picks up and then hangs up!! I have rung Equifax and without hearing from BT they can't do anything about it!! This is so frustrating, it's just unreal that BT's mistake is costing me a lot!! Someone suggested to me to sue them which to be honest am thinking about now!

My Equifax incident reference that' needs your attention is :

edited by mod can you please action this as soon as possible!!!

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
FaridahRimmer
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Default Notice on my Credit File Fuming with BT

Ps: typing Error there is no default on Experian either it's just on one agency Equifax! And the sum of the default notice £26????? As if I would never have afforded to pay £26?????
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself.

I woudl suspect that the charge is for BT Premium mail, if you are still using any of your btinternet.com e-mail addresses. This charge is now £5 a month.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 6

Hi @FaridahRimmer,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're havng so many problems getting this sorted. You will need to log a dispute by contacting Equifax on 0800 014 2955. Calls are free from a BT landline, charges from other networks and mobiles may vary.

You can also call them on 0333 321 4043. Calls from landlines and mobiles are normally included in bundled call packages, otherwise calls cost 9p per minute and 15p connection fee from a BT landline. Other networks and mobiles may vary.

Or, you can visit www.equifax.co.uk/ask for help.

You can also write to them at:

Equifax Ltd
Customer Service Centre
PO Box 10036
Leicester
LE3 4FS

If there's an error Equifax will contact our acquisitions team and have the default investigated. Usually it takes up to 21 days to review each case. The account will show as in query on the Equifax credit report until the issue is resolved.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
FaridahRimmer
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Did you read my post!!! Equifax have already issued a dispute and the reference is on the original post BT HAVE CLEARLY REFUSED TO RESPOND!!!!

I speak to Equifax almost every day!!! And until BT gives them a go ahead to remove this awful default which isn't supposed to be there in the first place they can't do anything!!!

I posted and gave you the incident report that needs the attention! By the way of this isn't sorted am moving my company number  to a different supplier the amount of grief you've caused me!!!!

0 Ratings
FaridahRimmer
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I hate it when you divert from the issue!!! I know all Equifax details. It's not Equifax that is having the problem it's BT that's the problem!!!! BT needs to respond to the dispute!!!
0 Ratings