Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-ave
Expert
Message 1 of 3

Definition of "Youview from BT"?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been doing some digging around in the BT forums and website today to try and find out exactly and unambiguously what the product "Youview from BT" is defined as. Sadly, I have failed, I've probably missed it but I've run out of patience so help! For example, is it any of:

- A Youview box bought from BT and connected to a BT broadband or Infinity line (with no BT Vision subscription).

- A Youview box bought from BT, connected to a BT broadband or Infinity line and having a minimum TV contract of BT
Vision Essentials.

- A Youview box bought *either independently at retail*, or from BT, and connected to a BT broadband or Infinity line (with
no BT Vision subscription).

- A Youview box bought *either independently at retail*, or from BT, and connected to a BT broadband or Infinity line and
having a minimum TV contract of BT Vision Essentials.

I realise that you currently must take out a BT Vision sub to get the "free" Youview box from BT but that could change if the boxes ever become available unsubsidised e.g. in the BT shop.

Why does it even matter? Because for "Youview from BT", catch-up viewing via Internet is stated to not be included in BT broadband or Infinity usage limits on the 40GB/month packages.  If there's a link I've missed, I'd love to see it.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Definition of "Youview from BT"?

Go to solution

Hi D-ave,

Thanks for posting. Take a look here . Click on legal stuff at the bottom of the page. Hope that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Definition of "Youview from BT"?

Go to solution

Thanks David,

The "Legal Stuff" doesn't exactly answer what I asked initially but does answer another important question I thought I knew the answer to but didn't. It appears to have been clarified recently by the addition of "TV" and I like this bit:

"The Free YouView box excludes existing TV customers still in their minimum term [who can buy the box for £299]."

So BT broadband and Infinity customers who don't have Vision do qualify for the Youview box offer so as that's now sorted out, and you read my mind, I'll mark this as solved. ;).

0 Ratings