cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Definitive Infinity Roll Out List

Unless I am really dull, there does not appear to be an accurate roll-out plan published for BT Infinity.  The initial roll-out used the plans for the exchanges as an indicative plan, but as time has gone by this has become less relevant and should be replaced.  Telling me that my exchange was upgraded ages ago is no help!

Many areas have upgraded exchanges and an (unpublished) pattern of houses around them that have Infinity whilst others connected to the exchange via original cabinets do not.  All BT can offer is a postcode checker that gives a simple yes/no regarding your property but nothing beyond this.

There are many BT customers out there who have no idea if or when they will be upraded now that the upgrade of their exchange has passed into history.  

Now that the broadbrush exchange roll-out is well and truley underway is it beyond all reason for BT to publish plans for each exchange and cabinet? 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Definitive Infinity Roll Out List

They don't publish cabinets as sometimes they're unable to upgrade certain cabinets for a myriad of reasons. The best you can do is put your telephone number into the BT Wholesale checker. If it's not on there it's not in the plans at the moment.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

this is the link to the Checker Webby refers to http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

If it's not on there it's not in the plans at the moment.

But the current tool only shows if the number has the ability now, it does not give out predictions or any idea of the future plan.  As a result I, like many with Infinity enabled exchanges, have no idea if it will ever happen.  Someone at BT must know!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

It's Openreach that has the plans. BT Retail the ISP, only knows when that checker says it's available.

Some Openreach spreadsheets were leaked last December showing the plans for cabinets, but plans change.
--

To hide this sig go to http://community.bt.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences and uncheck 'View signatures in posts'.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Thanks sandfire.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Agreed that the Broadband checker not helpful.  If BT retail really has no idea when cabinets will be upgraded, I do think it's wrong for them to give dates to potential customers.  Maybe they should pressure Openreach for more information?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

openreach have a site that says when a particular exchange is due to go live http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ an exchange is considered going live as soon as its first cabinet goes live after that then the wholesale checker will start to give dates for when your cabinet is due to go live all fibre service providers work from the same data base not just BT Retail
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

The best way to see if your cabinet is going to get FTTC seems to be to firstly use the leaked database, as that will tell you which cabinet you're connected to (well providing 100% of your postcode is on the same one). Then look at Openreach's most recent plans for the exchange that cabinet is on, to see if that date for your exchange is still the same. It won't tell you if the date for your cabinet is the same or not, but it's the best idea you'll get. Seeing that a new FTTC cabinet has been fitted near your existing cabinet though is a pretty good clue to things.

The BT checker is not accurate and does not always get it right as far as telling you whether your cabinet is in the plans, even if you tell it your phone number or actual address. So I'd ignore that if I were you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

@ Zackary the BT Wholesale checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

Carries the accurate date provided by Openreach when a cabinet is activated and that checker is used by ALL ISP's when orders are placed for both fibre and adsl products
0 Ratings