cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outy1812
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Degradation and then slow speeds...and awful service!

Hi there.

Has anyone else experienced sudden problems since around 6th Feb 2015? I have been with Infinity for ages now and had a great connection. Regulary 48-52Mbps down and around 11Mbps up.

On the 6th I suddenly dropped to 0.25Mbps down with 9Mbps up. That fluctuated between 0.5Mbps down and 12Mbps down until I called customer service on Sunday 8th. It was incredibly frustrating dealing with the offshore helpdesk who kept me on the phone for ages and ran some line tests. I was informed I would be being sent some replacement hardware and they would call me on Wednesday 11th to follow up.

So far no hardware and no call.

Yesterday (12th) my connection stabalised again. However I am getting a fairly consistent 17Mbps down and 11Mbps up.

So I have tried contacting them today via live chat. I've been on an HOUR with delays of 5-10 minutes between responses that contain no valid content. So I've had enough. I can't help but think that if I was speaking to a UK-based support person (as I have on other occasions with other companies) my issue would have at least been understood in the first exchange....not after 10 minutes of back and forth.

I will be escalating this to someone higher up the food chain at BT as I want my complaint on record, but this does not solve my problem.

Can anyone suggest a way to reset things from my end or will I have to suffer this awful customer service again and again until someone finally helps at BT's side of things?

The emails I am getting from Talk Talk offering their service, are looking very tempting right now. Not least of which, I could get these speeds paying much less money for a regular BB connection (and was before I went to BT Infinity).

Any suggestions from anyone???!!

Cheers.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Degradation and then slow speeds...and awful service!

Do you have a HH5 ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
outy1812
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

No, The last hardware from BT I had was the original HH3 I was supplied with. I have since replaced this with an Apple Airport and that's provided me with months and months of stable connection and wi-fi.

Pretty much every single product that connects in our house, is an Apple product (with the exception of a single Windows laptop and a couple of Samsung smart TVs).

I have tried replacing the Airport with another unit, connecting using a CAT5 cable, reseting the entire network and starting again, but no joy.

It's almost like BT have resolveed the line fluctuation issue, but the resolution has capped my download speed at 17Mbps, not the 48-52Mbps I have had consistently for the last 18+ months.

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Pity, line stats would be nice.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Can you post your IP Profile by running the BT Performance test at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com please? When the first test has finished, press the Further Diagnostics button then after you enter your phone number, your IP Profile should be displayed.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
outy1812
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Certainly will, but it will be later when I'm back in the house. I didn't expect such a prompt reply!! 🙂

0 Ratings
outy1812
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

The only reason I have not posted the requested information is because on trying to run the further diagnostics test, the page gives me a 500 server error! Sorry.

0 Ratings