cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Delay, delay and more delay

I've been patient up until the most recent delay has been 'imposed' on the availability of Infinity at my exchange (Wendover), but now feel that I need some sort of explanation as to why since the product has been announced the month, nae year in which is has been planned has moved.

Originally Dec 2011, then Mar 2012 and now 30th June 2012

It seems that the historical ability of the british to plan and execute any engineering feat is also lost within our once world class telecommunications capability?

Having committed 17 years of my working life to BT Group (Private Services, FeatureNet, Concert, Cellnet and O2) I'm looking forward to a detailed, not wishy washy flannel type of response. Let's see what happens eh?

Committed trailist and BT advocate

Stewart McKenzie

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Delay, delay and more delay

Stewart

It is frustrating when your area is delayed repeatedly but it does not mean the whole project is behind Openreach claim to be passing 100 to 150,000 addresses each week here and there is no reason to think they are not telling the truth. Issues like planning delays in conservation areas, blocked cable ducts and problems with getting power installed do cause many local delays and are beyond the scope of a national plan.

Openreach do not comment on the status of individual cabinets but until you see signs of work starting locally - you can't miss it when it happens as OR vans and trucks are everywhere - nothing is going to happen with your line in the next couple of months. 

We have all had to go through the wait so sorry but you will have to be patient for a while longer

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 25

I must have been lucky here. The date was put back from December 2011 to March 2012. But I happened to look at the availablity on 10th February, and saw that it was available. Phoned that day, and ordered. Installed one week later (17th) and working well ever since.

The OR engineer said that I was the first user on my cabinet. I got the email from BT to say that infinity is now available here about two weeks after I'd had it installed!

Slight problem with billing though. Got my bill the other day, and they had tried to charge me for the HH3 and also failed to include a discounted price for the first three months. But they have now corrected this. The lady I spoke to cancelled the £49 for the HH3 there and then, and arranged for someone to listen to the recording of the my call ordering Infinity to check that I really had been offered a discount. That has now been sorted out too. So at the moment its "well done" to BT.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 25

March, June September and December are merely quarterly placeholding dates. As previously stated there could be issues holding up the activation of cabinets outside of BT's control.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 25

My exhange (Albert Dock) was enabled in 2010. I moved in in March 2011 at which time FTTC was "Planned" for 31 March 2011, then 30 June 2011, then 30 September 2011, then 31 December 2011, then 31 March 2012, now 30 June 2012.

On the last delay I tweeted BT_Care who suprisingly did some investigation and told me my cabinet will not be upgraded AT ALL. So basically 15 months of lies.

So I'm stuck with pathetic 1Mb "broadband".

Looks like my only option for anything more is to just dump BT altogether and go mobile broadband which will do something about the speed but then I'll have bandwidth problems instead.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 25

Yea mine has been pushed back several times, although the cabinet is there, it's just when it will go live
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 7 of 25

Well mine wasdue on March 31st 2012 then 10 days ago changed to June 30th like alot of peoples have 🙂 anyway monday of this week i tried the checker on the B.T and i,m gone live ..so watch the checker 🙂
JamJar62
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 25

Based on my luck, i'm not expecting anytime soon.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

jamjar62 - when mine was delayed from December 2011 to March 2012 it briefly said it was available, and even let me place an order and book an engineer...they even took the money off my card! Then when I heard nothing I phoned them and "nope sorry BT Infinity is not currently available on your line, we can hold your payment until March? ". Um thanks but no thanks.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 10 of 25

yeah i,m monitoring it at present ,not ordering it until i know its going to be live 🙂 i,ll phone them up in a few weeks time and see if its right 🙂

JamJar62
0 Ratings