cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slj12
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Delay in broadband activation

I ordered BT broadband on the 24th November I was given the activation date of the 15th December, originally I was supposed to have an engineer out on the 15th however the day enforce this I checked the online status of my order and it said the engineer no longer needed to come out, which didn't surprise me as there is already a BT line in the property I have moved into. I received a text message on the 15th saying there was a delay and they would contact me on the 16th, I then received another text on the 16th saying they would give me an update on the 18th. Heard nothing on the 18th but had a voicemail and a text message on the 19th as I was in work so couldn't answer the phone. In the voicemail and text I was told that there was still a delay and I would e contacted for an update on the 2nd January!! I haven't been informed of what the problem is and in struggling to understand why there is such a problem when there is a by line already in my house. And it seems I'm just being given dates where I will be informed of progress so still no activation date! I understand it's close to Christmas but it's becoming an absolute nuisance as I'm a student needing to revise and still having no internet. Is there anyone who can help to advise what the issue is??
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Delay in broadband activation

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 4

Hi Slj12 and welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry the order has been delayed. It might be a capacity issue but I’ll take a look for you. Drop me an email with the details, including any order references you have. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Grunlaar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

David

If you or a colleague could look into my issue too. I have been waiting since the 12th to be activated!!

Thanks
0 Ratings