cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KT45
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Delay in getting BT Broadband

I feel like tearing my hair out but gather I am not alone!

I was told the activation date for my order was 13th September. On that date I arrived home to find I had no phone line and no broadband. After calling twice the next day I was told it would be activated within 48 hours. After numerous phone calls i eventually got a phone line on 22nd september but no broabdand. When I called again I was told the order was complete. When I told the advisor that the broadband was not working I was told there was a fault on the line.. How can that be when phone is ok? Anyway, 6 days later and still have not got broadband. I have been given a 'case handler' who never calls when he is meant to. But I am assured I will be called by 8pm tonight with an update. I am now not even sure what I am being updated on - why can it not just be switched over or am i being naive?

What do I do now - any advice greatly received.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
KT45
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Re: Delays in getting BT internet

I am also having a nightmare getting connected - I was due to go live on 13th Septemeber but when I got home that evening I had no phone line and no broadband. After numerous phone calls I eventually got the phone line on 22nd september but I am still waiting for the broadband. Every time I call I get a different story. I really don't know what to do. Apparently there is a fault at the exchange but I dont see why they can't fix the fault....

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

If its BT Infinity, that comes from the cabinet not the exchange? It it BT Infinity or normal broadband you are waiting for?

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Welcome to the club, it would seem. I am in exactly the same situation.

I would go as far as to suggest opening an enquiry using this link, but I don't think it will do any good, as I opened one a few working days ago and have had no reactions.

It seems BT and BT Openreach are severly understaffed on all departments, which means that cases that are not straightforward are kicked as far down the priority queue as possible.

0 Ratings
KT45
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

It's normal broadband.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

@KT45 wrote:

It's normal broadband.

Then it could be a fault on the port MSAN (21cn) or DSLAM, or a faulty card. Openrech would normally do a lift and shift to a different port, which is most likely the reason for the delay.
I assume that your phone line is working?
0 Ratings
KT45
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Yes - phone line is fine.

How do I get them to fix it!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Have you eliminated any issues at your end?

The helpdesk will see an exchange (BT Retail Servers) issue, if the line is not in sync, so they can be a bit unsure.

Which one of these matches your phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg or  newnte.jpg

0 Ratings
KT45
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

the 2nd pic matches it.

0 Ratings
KT45
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

As far as I know they have checked and the problem lies outside the home.
I assume they can tell this..
0 Ratings