cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Delayed activation - why?

Hello, on 08.05 I purchased a Broadband & Calls package due to be activated on 15.05. I received the kit and assembled it without problems but the light is still flashing orange, so no line. After a struggle with the call centre, I've been told that my order had to be cancelled for they someohow got the wrong address and that I will need the visit from an engineer in order to set up a landline. The thing is, there already /is/ a landline, my landlord's just confirmed so. So what are they talking about? What happened to my order? I need internet for work reasons, they cannot just leave me hanging. Please help! Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Delayed activation - why?

Residential Broadband is not to be used for work / business use as it breaches the terms and conditions also the landline at your property may not be activated and this would need the visit of an engineer
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

I am not using the line to manage my business (it'd be a bit hard, I am not self-employed) but for research reasons to be better at my job. And if so, shouldn't have I been told that an engineer visit was required?   

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

I have just emerged from a second round with the call centre only to find out that my address was processed wrongly, thus making it appear that the landline was working when it's not so. As a result of that, I will receive the visit of an engineer on 28.05 and will need to take the morning off work to be present; in the meanwhile, I suppose I'll have to rely on the meagre connection provided by my smartphone. Last but not least, I will be charged for the service starting from 08.05 when my broadband usage will start on 28.05. I am extremely disappointed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@Lucreziaa wrote:

I have just emerged from a second round with the call centre only to find out that my address was processed wrongly, thus making it appear that the landline was working when it's not so.

I will be charged for the service starting from 08.05 when my broadband usage will start on 28.05. I am extremely disappointed.

Don't you mean charged from 15.05 (the original activation date)? They don't charge from the order date.

On that point, if your phone line is not yet activated then I don't see how they can charge from 15.05. Surely they can only charge for any services from the activation date of the line? Good luck arguing that with BT support staff though!

What would be useful in such situations is if BT sent out a clear email/letter order confirmation update detailing the new activation date. The customer would then have an official record to check against their bills. Did you get any official communication about the change of activation date?

0 Ratings