cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Delayed orders

Why are BT still agressively advertising Infinity when thay cannot deliver?

Due to a house move I ordered a phone line plus infinity broadband on 23rd October. I was told the installation date will be on the 16th November. I thought that was bad enough but I receeived a message telling me that the installation date had been changed to the 16th of January because of the lack of engineers. Now I have been told that the date has been changed again to the 21st January.

So I thought - I know, I'll order a phone line only and get the broadband from someone else, that will be quicker. So that is what I did yesterday with a connection date of 21st November. Within an hour of my order I received notification that the installation date had changed to the 10th December and then to the 1th December.

I am not holding my breath. If I could go somewhere else I would

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Delayed orders

Doesn't matter where you go, Openreach will still be installing Infinity.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

He must mean Virgin Media

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Openreach don't install Infinty, they simply convert an EU's line to either an FTTC or FTTP technology. Its BT Retail who then sell it on under their brand name of Infinity.

To say Openreach will still be installing Infinity suggests Openreach have branded their FTTC/P service as Infinity when infact they haven't.

0 Ratings