cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Delays on Infinity activation

I first ordered Phone, Infinity 2 and BT TV service on 22 Apr 2015 as I was moving into a property on 1st May 2015.  Service was scheduled to be activated on the 15th May 2015 with the external work for the fibre to be done on 7th May 2015.  Nothing happened on 7th May and was rescheduled for 12th May but no one turned up to do the external work, plus didn't get any notification that this wouldn't happen.  Now the activation date has been changed to 2nd June 2015....2nd June!!!!!

I'm a homeworker and so now have to go without high speed broadband until 2nd June...a full month after moving in plus I ordered the service is advance of moving.

BT installation and activation service is appalling...hardly any communication, if any.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Delays on Infinity activation

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

BT Retail will be waiting for Openreach to complete all of the work.

0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Appears Openreach are law onto themselves and no matter what ISP I choose probably going to have the same issues with regards the actual fibre to the property install.  Date has now been set to 21st May for the initial external install so hopefully this will go ahead.  The frustration is there is no explanation to why the other 2 visits were not able to be done, and as Openreach can't be contacted by the customer and complaining to BT as little affect.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

if you ordered infinity 2 then it is FTTC fibre to the cabinet not FTTP fibre to the property

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 13

Hi Guys,

@imjolly to clarify you can have Infinity 2 on an FTTP line, the profile is set to 80/20.  

@lovestosurf I'm sorry about the delays getting you connected, if you need us to check on your order please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

@imjolly I initially selected the 80/20 option but potentially may then upgrade to 200 or 300 options that are available in my area.  That's one of the good things about fibre to the property, once it's installed there is the potential to upgrade to greater speeds as they become available. 🙂

@NeilO May thanks.  There is at least a date set for the 21st May, which is only next week, so hoping that goes ahead.  If someone had actually contacted me to say there was an issue and what the issue was it would have been so much less frustrating than expecting something to be done, then not done without any contact.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

you are obviously one of the lucky few with the availability of FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Not overly surprised but Openreach did not turn up yesterday and so the external work still has not been done...3rd time now the slot has been reached.  As yet no explanation why yet my order on the BT website states the order is on track!!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

did you use the mods contact us link? if so have the mods been back in touch?

0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I have contacted the mods this morning, awaiting a reply but currently on the phone to BT as I type

0 Ratings